Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia, First time outing

:icon_mrgreen: I plan to be out at Franconia along with family and friends Thursday April 12 for one or two days ( hopefully two). This will be my first visit and would like to take my Motor home into the area. I assume there are no restrictions for camping. If there are I would appreciate any suggestions or helpful advise. Also If any of you feel like coming out, I would really enjoy meeting you and getting some direction on where I should look .

kgmrg ( Richard)

I see no problem with taking a motorhome into this area. Just get off at Exit 13 on I40 (N34'43.975 W114 15.738) at the top of the ramp head South on the gravel road about 2 miles inland to N34'42.730 W114' 14.110 where you will find a nice flat clearing. We usually park here, there is a small campfire already setup for others.

We usually hunt the north side of the tracks but it can get complicated giving directions.I am sure that someone will jump in on this topic and give you further directions and possibly meet up with you there. I understand that a small group of people may be there that weekend so you will have a good chance of meeting some of my fellow meteorite hunters. Be prepared to swap stories around the campfire late into the nite. BTW, bring firewood if you can as it is very scarce out there.

Good luck and good hunting.

Aloha for now, Stan aka Kaimi

I see no problem with taking a motorhome into this area. Just get off at Exit 13 on I40 (N34'43.975 W114 15.738) at the top of the ramp head South on the gravel road about 2 miles inland to N34'42.730 W114' 14.110 where you will find a nice flat clearing. We usually park here, there is a small campfire already setup for others.

We usually hunt the north side of the tracks but it can get complicated giving directions.I am sure that someone will jump in on this topic and give you further directions and possibly meet up with you there. I understand that a small group of people may be there that weekend so you will have a good chance of meeting some of my fellow meteorite hunters. Be prepared to swap stories around the campfire late into the nite. BTW, bring firewood if you can as it is very scarce out there.

Good luck and good hunting.

Aloha for now, Stan aka Kaimi

Kaimi (Stan)

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

kgmrg(Richard)

Archived