Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia 4 day expedition!

Fun week at franconia! gmt pooped out on me in the 3rd day but i managed to find 9 stones by eye! I'll post insitu pics of mine and my dad's finds and weights... but for now here is a pic of my personal haul for the week...

[Erik]

post-1245-1175142208_thumb.jpg

Nice haul guys. :whoopie:

Got some nice size stones there also. Too bad about your GMT. What happened to it anyway?

Aloha for now, Stan aka Kaimi :cigar:

Well i found a small chondrite with it then turned it off to pick irons off my magnet. 1 min. later when i turned it back on, it wouldn't work.

I tried

-2 sets of fresh bateries

-removing the coil

-checking coil wire for shorts

-checking head phones

-tapping the box

i even checked the circut board in the box where the batteries go in....

nothing seemed to give life to my GMT again...

I guess im sending it in for repair...

hope its not too expensive.

my dad suggested sending in pics of the meteorites i'v found with it

and maybe they would put it in an article and give me a new machine

or a discount at least...

who knows?

[Erik]

Erik , great finds glad ya found a few......hope ya left me some.

Every time I have sent a White's machine into the factory I have had nothing but the BEST results.Fast shipping,little price....sent the MXT in to have trigger replaced...cost = 00000 not even shipping.

Hope it gets fixed soon

My advice on sending the unit in is to make sure you send in some great pics and a short article about how you have found a ton of stuff using the GMT. They have some excellent customer service people on hand and I dont doubt for a minute that they will fix your problem in no time at all.

Guess it just got overworked and decided to revolt on you eh! :shrug:

Good time to take a short rest anyway.

Aloha for now,

Stan aka Kaimi

Way to go Eric nice haul! :whoopie: How many grams did everything weigh out to?

Yep, it sounds like it's time to send your GMT in. I had a friend who sent in his GMT after five years of heavy use a little while back and White's was very good about turning it around. They did have a little trouble trying to diagnose the problem at first, but I think thats because my friend (well now an ex-friend) had a little bit of trouble clearly explaining the problem. Just make sure you clearly explain the problem and follow up by calling the technician working on it. Another thing you can do to get a quick turn around- tell them your going on vacation with it and your hoping to get it back before you leave (I did this with Minelab and trust me it works).

Write up an article about your success, take pictures, and send it into White's. I'm sure they would be very happy to see such a young person using one of their machines with success.

Way to go Eric, hopefully I'll get to see you and your dad again soon.

del :icon_mrgreen:

Ok here is a pic of my dad's total and a few slideshows of our finds insitu.

my total was 101 grams and my dad's was 101.3. pretty close lol.

He also found a one gram fragmented stone with flow lines...

post-1245-1175203480_thumb.jpg

[Erik]

Erik,

:whoopie:

Very impressive take for the 2 of you. Your dad is getting pretty darn good at crumbing with that SD-Joey combo....... Specking those small whole stoneys is a fine art that you are becomming quite accomplished at. The 2 of you did amazingly well at Holbrook and now you have proven that it can be done at Franconia as well. We can now kiss the bunny turds good-by at Franconia.

You have gotten some real good advice on what to do about the dead GMT, be sure and send the dead DD coil in with it, they may just replace it as well.

I always enjoy your slide shows, just wish that I had a little of that computer savvy. You are an inspiration to us computer dummies......

Enjoyed the visit with you and your father in the field yesterday, I did manage 2 small chondrites for 22 grams and 9 little Irons in my short afternoon hunt.......

Jim

My dads total was actually 126 grams.

It keeps getting harder and harder to post thoes slideshows...

It took me an hour to get around the forums road blocks but i did it :D

Jim your afternoon haul would make me grin even if it was all i found after a whole weekend.

[Erik]

P.S. Jim,

How does ur back feel after working with that small exstention on ur GMT?

Hunch backed yet?

Did u see where i was gridding?

P.S. Jim,

How does ur back feel after working with that small exstention on ur GMT?

Hunch backed yet?

Did u see where i was gridding?

Yes, I did see where you had been and then I proceeded to go elsewhere..... :brows: :raspberry: because you is a vacuum cleaner... :;):

My back is mad at me, that is the last time I leave the truck with the short rod, the regular extension is on my Gold Max, as it is the coil that I usually use hunting meteorites with the GMT. I had been crumbing for gold with a friend on his patch and forgot to change out....... Haste, usually makes waste, but in this case, it slowed me down a little more and I hit some targets that I probably would have missed. :unsure: :head:

Jim

Yea if you go real slow witht he goldmax you can pick up alot of things that sound like basalt with the DD coil.

I only worked a small area and i got most of thoes stones there! I'm def. going that slow in the future because it really pays off. I've never found that many finds in that short amount of time. I can't imagine what i would have found if my GMT hadn't pooped out on me!

Archived