Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia....night hunt ????

the 2nd of April is a full moon so that weekend before might be good for hunting into the evening/night and avoiding some of the heat.

Just thought I would mention this if anyone was interested.... :feedback:

:icon_mrgreen: :shrug: :mm: :poke: anyone...................

the 2nd of April is a full moon so that weekend before might be good for hunting into the evening/night and avoiding some of the heat.

Just thought I would mention this if anyone was interested.... :feedback:

:icon_mrgreen: :shrug: :mm: :poke: anyone...................

I'd love to do a night hunt, problem is it's on a monday and I have to work. Maybe when a full moon comes on a weekend I'd be down for it.

Night hunting might be interesting! :hmmmmmm:

Nah! I promised myself two weeks off :coffeetime: to help the old body recuperate from all the hiking I have done during the past month.

Next round will really be a blast as the heat is just starting to come back to the desert.

Would like to do one if the full moon fell on a weekend tho. I will just have to check the almanac.

Aloha for now,

Stan aka Kaimi :cigar:

I think I'll pass on a night hunt. Aren't snakes (Mojave Green's) nocturnal :Huh_anim]:? I'll hunt during the day when they are all hiding in the shade, but I don't want to be there when they are strolling around :laught16: . I'd rather challenge the heat. Just my :twocents: .

Scott

Scott, I think you might just have a good idea...I don't want to tangle with any snake in the dark.

But I do want to get out and find me some more metorites and soon. Who knows I might head to the hills and look for some gold too.

We will all have to get together and plan another FRANCONIA OUTING and make a pot luck meal for one night, everyone bring a pass around dish and we should have another GREAT time.

Of course anytime spent among friends discussing/talking/BS'ing has got to be good. :laught16:

Scott, I think you might just have a good idea...I don't want to tangle with any snake in the dark.

But I do want to get out and find me some more metorites and soon. Who knows I might head to the hills and look for some gold too.

We will all have to get together and plan another FRANCONIA OUTING and make a pot luck meal for one night, everyone bring a pass around dish and we should have another GREAT time.

Of course anytime spent among friends discussing/talking/BS'ing has got to be good. :laught16:

Consider me in!! (anytime after this weekend) The last outing sounded like a lot of fun; I don't want to miss another one. Space rocks here we come!

Scott

OK...We need to find out what weekend will work for everyone and who is gonna make it, then we can plan from there. Stan said he needs a little time to "rest up" so we can check in with his schedual.

any ideas or suggestions welcome and needed.

Hunting in the night or during the day, it doesn't matter to me. I usually detect and drywash at night during the hot summer months, so I'm kinda used to it (though it's been a few months). Just let me know when you guys plan on doing this and I'll probably come out.

Only suggestions I have-

Wear snake chaps (I'll have to get a pair, got any suggestions?)

Bring a nice bright headlamp

If you're unfamilar with the area use a GPS for navigating

For those of you that haven't done this before it's an excellent learning opportunity to really get the feel for the sounds of your metal detector. You have nothing visual to look at and the only thing to do is concentrate on the sounds your detector puts out.

My only question- what happens when daylight comes and I want to hunt all day? :hmmmmmm:

Del

Del, I won't stay out all night hunting...I got to have that "quality BS time" around the fire.......

I got a pair of Rattlers brand chaps...aint never wore them yet but I think they are pretty good.

I might hunt in the evening as it cools off but the first snake and back to camp for me.

Might have to change clothes :laught16: depends on how close the snake was.

Archived