Nugget Shooter Forums

Hello my fellow detectorists,I have a question. Would you trade a whites mxt for a XP Orox detector? Reason I ask is because although I like the mxt, I have not upgraded to a programable modern detector. It's come time to challenge myself and perhaps give it a shot. Both detectors in the trade are used and in good condition. Only thing missing on the orx is the wireless headphones. I haven't yet made the trade, a mere proposition between me and the Orx owner. Any cons or pros? Will I lose depth or would I be in any disadvantage trading my MXT for the Orx. Thanks ahead of time..

• Like 1
  • Hmmmmmm 1

Hmmmmmm, not sure because i have never used one of the XPs unfortunately. Have you seen it work? Have you watched any YouTube videos on it? Guess that wasn't much help!!

But i do think its a definite step up in technology. 

• Like 1

Nugget108,

I have been watching some Xp Orx videos and I do like the Orx design as far as how well it collapses into a small backpack able unit. Another benefit it comes with a high freq elliptical coil which is great for smaller nuggets. Also it has I believe 4 preset settings,  2 for coin, and 2 for gold. The Orx is very light in weight and the little control box thingy can be put in a pocket after u put your settings and hunt by sound, so basically all you have is the lower rod with coil and upper rod with handle. I suppose really the only thing to get used to is it's programing and custom settings if I choose to do that. Reality is in the beginning I would just hunt in the 4 factory settings and just ground balance when the soil conditions are warranted. Tomorrow I will take a look at the Xp Orx and most likely I will do the trade. Just gona go with my gut feeling and try something new, big step for me as this is my 2nd mxt I have owned, but I think it's time for a change just to try something different. 

• Like 2

I just watched a few videos on it! If i still had my MXT and had the opportunity for a trade for the XP, i think i would hop all over it. Just as long as it works like it should!! Looks like it has great iron separation, which is a must in the old mining camps and Chinese camp areas.

2 hours ago, nugget108 said:

I just watched a few videos on it! If i still had my MXT and had the opportunity for a trade for the XP, i think i would hop all over it. Just as long as it works like it should!! Looks like it has great iron separation, which is a must in the old mining camps and Chinese camp areas.

Yeah I think it's a good trade..Chinese gold camps is primary where  I will use it and you know most of them are full of iron. So it will be nice trying out a different machine on the same ground and see how it responds as compared to the mxt.

• Like 2

very good trade heres a UK video to help you out with it-I have one as well and its very sensitive to small gold-you want a HF elliptical coil for trashy areas and gold-Good luck:200:

• Like 3