Nugget Shooter Forums

Hi, Anxiety is crippling. Want to make wages finding Gold.

I have seldom been able to get out to pan, sluice or metal detect.

But now, with the way the world is & my increasing difficulty dealing with people,

I just want a good creek to make wages.  Maybe not far from a place to metal detect too.

I'm in Oklahoma, which has no potential.  Where is best to go?

Tough to make wages these days even with the current price of gold. Lucky to get a gram a day at best panning and maybe a gram a day metal detecting on club claims. Really depends on your level of experience, willingness to persevere and what you 'need' for wages. Not many try and win. Most fail and go back to work at McDonald's. Don't want to put ice on your dreams but you need to know the reality of what you are trying to do. Maybe if you are 100% debt free and can live off the land or a can of beans for the day ... but that gets old after awhile. Best to keep gold prospecting as a hobby ... even a serious hobby ... and have a job nearby to get you the basics.

• Like 4

Stay put in Oklahoma.  Do this as a hobby and not a living.

For small time miners in Arizona, a state of 8 million people, less than 5 do what you’re asking for wages.  That was not said to give you hope to be the 6th.

Best I can recommend is to get hired on and be a camp host at then LDMA campground and learn the ropes there.  Closest to to earning wages on gold mining.

Oh man that is  a tough nut to crack, recycling scrap metal is way more lucrative then trying to make a living on the gold game. Keep it a hobby, coin, jewelry and relic hunting has paid good for some. I mean if you do not need much, no family to support and all that, and can live on bacon and beans, worth an adventure. But its tough work, better off being a stock clerk in the frozen department or night stock clerk. Keep it simple, live simple best of luck to you!

Edited by Relichunter2

Last Friday I responded to your post in the thread titled Wickenberg help.  I thought I had provided some helpful ideas, today I took my post down because it seems you didn't bother to look at it, no reply was posted anyway.

Now you are on another thread asking again.  I think the advice given here is sound, these guys know what the deal is, I hope you listen.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Relichunter2 said:

Oh man that is  a tough nut to crack, recycling scrap metal is way more lucrative then trying to make a living on the gold game. Keep it a hobby, coin, jewelry and relic hunting has paid good for some. I mean if you do not need much, no family to support and all that, and can live on bacon and beans, worth an adventure. But its tough work, better off being a stock clerk in the frozen department or night stock clerk. Keep it simple, live simple best of luck to you!

I would leave out the bacon part of the bacon and beans and just live on the beans, have you checked the price of bacon lately, you need a gold mine to afford bacon!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1