Nugget Shooter Forums

Update on Full-time RVing

Hi all, it is not as easy as it was 20 plus years ago. Very few boondocks spots. 14 day limits on campgrounds. And no metal detecting in campgrounds. 

Moved from  Prescott to Flagstaff and it has rained off and on most of the time!

We will be heading northeast and slowly moving to Idaho. 

Happy Hunting, Max

• Like 1

There's lots more RV'ers out there now Max, and many places have banned RV's -- even some of the Walmarts. 
I'm pretty sure there are plenty of spots on the BLM lands in NV. Not sure about Idaho. Lots of forest up there.  

I will be there soon. Was looking at 40' rigs but will buy a 35' Solitude in the next few months. Planning on a permanent place in Tonto Basin and pay year round then up to Oregon for 5 months so no moving around for me. Have fun.

Max, I’ve been Boondocking on state treat land for two years, and in all that time i only heard of an officer going around once checking on permits and offenders were left off with a verbal warning and the officer never returned. There were people in that area that wintered there. That was in Peoria.

In Phoenix on season 1, no one asked for permits and there were obviously people wintering there. On season 2, the town posted a no dust ordnance which shut down motorized vehicles and boon docking. No one was camping or off-roading there that second season, so I assume it was enforced.

I know you’re outside of AZ, and wish you luck. I think you’ll very quickly tell once you get to your area if the 14 day limit is enforced. I’m also a little unclear what it means after the 14 days and you do need to move, but whether that’s a few hundred yards, to a different district of the National forest or a different forest altogether I am not sure.

I still work, so I can’t go out for more than a few days at a time and definitely not two weeks. I am looking forward to when I can.

Edited by chrisski
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gilaoro2 said:

We are currently in Nevada, not many rangers. Will move when we need to.

I was out on BLM land for the better part of 15 years and was only told by a ranger that I needed to move once. That was near Ely, NV.

Edited by Dakota Slim