Nugget Shooter Forums

Old miners Cache

During one of our hiking adventures in the 80's looking for an old Gold mine on the map we found the foundation where the stamp mill use to be & close buy was the remains of the steam boiler that had exploded , Cast iron pieces where scattered about the place , Back then I did not bring a camera when hiking (Wish I did) , We found the mine portal was collapsed so we went up a small tributary that had a 40 ft waterfall we had to climb , On top there was broken purple glass coming from a group a trees up about 30 ft from the creek.  we started digging thru the debris of rotted  wood & pine needles & hit Metal , The rotten wood was the handles from Picks & shovels , On the top was an upside down washtub keeping everything protected from the elements , Removing one piece at a time 3 frying pans , Coffee pot that had the holes on the bottom repaired with melted lead bullets , home made bacon strainer , A lipton  Tea can that was full of square nails , Coffee cans , broken purple glass & the picks & shovels ,  I think the coffee cans are from the 50's so I hope the Antiquities act does not apply to this since they where only 30 - 40 years old when found ,  Had a Great hike took photos when I got home ,  The coffee pot now has a home on top of the wood stove .    Never stop searching never know what you will Find.

DSCF0615.JPGDSCF0608.JPGDSCF0611.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • wow 1

Very cool stuff! Thanks for sharing!

Now those are sweet!! Great finds for sure!