Nugget Shooter Forums

I looking for advise on prospecting rig that will fit in my toy Hauler ?

4 hours ago, pairadiceau said:

How about a Samurai Max, very light, not too speedy but get the job done.  There are quite a few available.  Good Luck!!

4 hours ago, pairadiceau said:

How about a Samurai Max, very light, not too speedy but get the job done.  There are quite a few available.  Good Luck!!

You would think that being hot bed for all off-road machines every thing stocked around here has to be the most twisted designs. And longest supension  that they are not suitable for me. I will keep l looking.

Quads are the only thing I know that would fit in that space. I presume it is for a toy hauler. Most weigh about 500 to 600 lbs. I have 2 quads I take with me one in the truck bed and one in the hauler. Recently bought a small 2014 RZR 800s 2 seater 104 inches long 60 wide and 70 high. the smallest one I could find, about 1000lbs. Works well for us, the wife loves it. Good luck.

• wow 1

16 hours ago, pairadiceau said:

7 hours ago, Beeper Bob said:

Quads are the only thing I know that would fit in that space. I presume it is for a toy hauler. Most weigh about 500 to 600 lbs. I have 2 quads I take with me one in the truck bed and one in the hauler. Recently bought a small 2014 RZR 800s 2 seater 104 inches long 60 wide and 70 high. the smallest one I coul

7 hours ago, Beeper Bob said:

Quads are the only thing I know that would fit in that space. I presume it is for a toy hauler. Most weigh about 500 to 600 lbs. I have 2 quads I take with me one in the truck bed and one in the hauler. Recently bought a small 2014 RZR 800s 2 seater 104 inches long 60 wide and 70 high. the smallest one I could find, about 1000lbs. Works well for us, the wife loves i

16 hours ago, pairadiceau said:

You would think that being hot bed for all off-road machines every thing stocked around here has to be the most twisted designs. And longest supension  that they are not suitable for me. I will keep l looking.

On 7/11/2022 at 9:48 PM, pairadiceau said:

Those are great 4x4’s - safer than a side by side and street legal anywhere. I was temporarily stuck on a steep rocky portion of a trail with steep steps on it, and one of those with four overweight sunburned bobbleheaded tourists passed me and went right up the trail with no issues.  Another time, my wife in her truck and another coworker in his truck were both  stuck deep in mud and they were passed by a couple of them as if there were floating over the mud.  A buddy of mine was out working in a very remote part of the Simpson Desert a couple days out from Alice Springs and a fleet of Samurais buzzed by them - without any extra gas cans or obvious overlanding gear with them.  They could only figure that it was either a UFO that dropped them off, or Suzuki Company was doing a car test and dropped them off somewhere nearby with a car carrier or support vehicle…

Max, sure you can’t make 100” out of a Samurai? Frame chopping time! 

Max,

For what is is worth, I used to put my Samurai in a toy hauler, you had to be skinny to get out of the passenger door however.

From the inside of the rear pull down door to the end of the kitchen cabinet it just fit, I think it had one or two inches between the bumper and the cabinet.  I put in some extra tie down points and never had a problem.  The front bumper was custom and slightly bigger than a stock Samurai bumper.

I think the trailer was a 22 footer.  I towed it with an F150 and the weight distribution was good.  

Good luck!

Jeff

• Like 1

how about a 1984 jeep cherokee   4 cly 5 speed  4x4  $3,000.00

new motor lots of custom

great for bouncing in the desert

928-715-5324

walt

IMG_20220712_123850121.jpg

IMG_20220713_132943996.jpg

IMG_20220714_095133478.jpg

IMG_20220714_095205774.jpg

1 hour ago, xracer550 said:

How about something different like my 73 Thing ?     the rack is removeable with 4 bolts.

SVI_0021.JPG

I want one of those Things!! But not for $25+k. Bought my camper bus for $2800, sold for $5k - should have kept it.

Looks like Max is going to have to get a side-by-side, that 8 feet is very limiting…