Nugget Shooter Forums

Getting Old....

Well my friends many of us on this forum have been around since the 1990s and are still getting it done today, we have lost some of the best, we have new folks making a go, and the world has changed. I miss so many of my good friends Dick Delahanty, Jim Smaller, Jim Straight, Fred Mason, Stan THE Man, and many more :cry2:

We all want to get old then we get there, retire, and realize although we feel like we graduated high school, many we know are not there anymore. The good news is we carry on and regroup at places like this. 

I think we need another real deal Nugget Shooter outing, no manufacture show, no banners, just Roger D' grill, steaks, and a potluck at gold basin and maybe Shep will make poppers and Jason will show up with the telescope and.....

I think many here need this... 

What ye say?

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

I'm all for it! But, why not LSD area or Quartzsite? With the price of gas and all. It would be a lot closer and cheaper.

Tom H. 

I’ve met just a few on here before, would definitely make the trip to meet the rest.  Will also bring some awesome carne asada, marinated chicken and fixings for tacos…

-Anthony

Dolan Springs/Gold Basin and Prescott are 20 degrees cooler compared to the Phoenix area in today’s weather forecast.

I think wit weather warming up, to get this done sooner would have to be up North or in the high desert.

I’d love to attend one of these.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Hmmmm OK let me ponder this and come up with a date

A lot of people are probably eager to have a get together before fall, but those November outings, (pre-pandemic), seemed to be just about as perfect as could be, weather wise.

Weekend or weekday? Weekends or a Friday/Saturday would work for me, but I will defer to you guys and can take a little bit of time off if needed.

right on.  Count me in!  I'll meet in another state, if the gold is good.  :p

I love the Basin, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Well hell yes!  It's about time.  Driving down there will cost me about $7,200 in gas, but you only live once.

I had hemorrhoid surgery in October and a prostate procedure in November, so I'm good from the waist down.  (At least I think so, pay no attention to what my wife says.  She expects way too much out of an old man like me.  I'm not 18 anymore.

Doc  

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • well done 1

On 5/27/2022 at 3:05 PM, TomH said:

I'm all for it! But, why not LSD area or Quartzsite? With the price of gas and all. It would be a lot closer and cheaper.

Tom H. 

But Tom, half the fun is seeing if YOUR truck can make it to the outing... being that it is held together with so much bailing wire and duct tape. :inocent:

1 hour ago, Andyy said:

But Tom, half the fun is seeing if YOUR truck can make it to the outing... being that it is held together with so much bailing wire and duct tape. :inocent:

Have you looked at the price of bailing wire and duct tape lately!??? Yoda is doing good; it will make it. :)
Tom H. 

• Like 1

Guess I won't make that one as I will have moved back to NH by then. I will look into a flight out here though when a firm date is made. Haven't seen most of you guys in a long time. Great idea though and long over due!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2022 at 8:48 PM, DOC said:

I had hemorrhoid surgery in October and a prostate procedure in November, so I'm good from the waist down.  (At least I think so, pay no attention to what my wife says.  She expects way too much out of an old man like me.  I'm not 18 anymore.

Doc,

Is there any part of your body left for a virgin procedure?  You are a bionic man by now I think.

Have you ever had anything done to your feet?  haha

Mitchel

On 6/23/2022 at 9:07 PM, mn90403 said:

Doc,

Is there any part of your body left for a virgin procedure?  You are a bionic man by now I think.

Have you ever had anything done to your feet?  haha

Mitchel

Yes I had my large ingrown toe nails removed.  They were so badly ingrown they caused me pain all of the time.  But that's nothing serious.

My position is as long as they don't have to mess with your organs, it's just routine maintenance.  You know, getting a kidney removed, or liver issues, or lungs.  All the rest of it is just the results of being a cop and living like a wild man the rest of my life.

Doc

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I like Tom H's pick of Quartzite, about November or December ? Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gilaoro2 said:

The BASIN !  YES ! I would drive back from Idaho if at all possible !

Sounds good, as it must be at one of those places gold is where I can find it! :D

• Haha 1