Nugget Shooter Forums

I Never Expected This Gold Find!

What a cool find! I noticed you were a little shaky when you found it :) Kind of like the first nugget!
Tom H. 

• Like 1

Yeah I was Tom, first gold ring I have found and it was in the desert lol not a park. There is another out there somewhere because Jim Presley lost one while hunting nuggets a few miles from where I found that one.

• Like 2

I noticed you were huffin' and a puffin' while digging that deep hole Bill. Try that at 7.000 feet!
I totally exhausted myself digging a deep hole one day up in the Eugene Mountains. Had to crawl into the shade and it took about 20 minutes before I felt I could stand up. I could swear the buzzards circling overhead. When I recovered enough to stand up I looked over at the hole -- which was in a wash that I should have never been beeping in the first place -- and walked away, leaving the target for some younger fellow. 
The target might have been gold but it was far more likely that any gold in that wash was covered by 8 to 10 feet of overburden and the overburden was dried mud mixed with shale. That was the last target I attempted to dig.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Au Seeker said:

Have you had it tested yet, curious as to what karat it is, what does it weight?

14K says it on the inside, but couldn't see it without my glasses :arrowheadsmiley:

• Like 1
  • well done 1

13 hours ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Yeah I was Tom, first gold ring I have found and it was in the desert lol not a park. There is another out there somewhere because Jim Presley lost one while hunting nuggets a few miles from where I found that one.

Some one is going to find my pair of glasses that I hooked around my neck and lost up around Jack ass flats also :( 

Tom H. 

• Haha 1