Nugget Shooter Forums

Magnet Fishing

Somerset Live: West Country treasure hunters recover stolen Victorian safe with extreme metal detecting.
https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/somerset-news/west-country-treasure-hunters-recover-7113100

I've seen articles on magnet fishing before but when I see people pulling up safes and motorbikes, I wonder what type of magnets they are using. 

Anyone here on this forum doing this?

• Like 1

Years ago I purchased a couple neodymium magnets for my pick and hoe from a catalog. At no time were these types of magnets available back then so this must be a relatively new aspect of metal detecting.

https://muscularmagnetics.com/products/best-magnet-fishing-family-kit-for-sale

Looks very interesting. Certainly cheaper than buying a metal detector.

I have been looking at that as well and just inquired about a magnet from a friend that does it on YouTube. Lots of stuff disappears in lakes and rivers

• 3 weeks later...

Magnet fishing has always intrigued me. I watched a guy back east pull a bunch of junk and also a few good items ... A bicycle, two fishing rods and what I think may have been part of an old minnow trap. Both of the fishing rods were salvageable and probably the bike as well but it would need a lot of work. Once I get back east I may try it since I can't get my junk fix as easily as looking here in AZ for nuggets with my metal detector.:inocent::D

I wonder what it would pull up from some of the vertical mining shafts and wells locally?

I bet those had not been checked ever.

53 minutes ago, chrisski said:

I wonder what it would pull up from some of the vertical mining shafts and wells locally?

I bet those had not been checked ever.

It won't be able to pull up any dead bodies.:m2c:

• wow 1

20 hours ago, Morlock said:

It won't be able to pull up any dead bodies.:m2c:

Very heavy belt buckle and really strong magnet ... some pull 500 pounds ... and up comes the remains! :inocent:

• Haha 1