Nugget Shooter Forums

How many different kinds of geodes are there?

I have heard that there are many different kinds depending on where you are in the world? How can you tell if a rock is a geode without opening it? Also I would like to post a photo of a half a geode that I have with blue crystals.

9 hours ago, Marie said:

I have heard that there are many different kinds depending on where you are in the world? How can you tell if a rock is a geode without opening it? Also I would like to post a photo of a half a geode that I have with blue crystals.

Most geodes are somewhat roundish but there are exceptions like the amethyst geodes found in Argentina. Just about the only way to determine if they are hollow is to figure out the density but even that may not be 100% accurate.

I think you likely have either an amethyst, celestine  or an azurite geode. Or one that has been dyed blue. Post pictures.

Edited by Morlock

• Au Seeker changed the title to How many different kinds of geodes are there?
17 minutes ago, Marie said:

Hello

I would like to post some pics of a rock I have but have not found how to do that. Could you help me?

I moved your question to your geode topic.

When replying or posting a new topic, at the bottom of the text box you will see the following...

"Drag files here to attach, or choose files..."

Type your reply/text and then click on "choose files" select the photo from your device, you then should see your image appear below the reply box, when you're done with any other text or adding photos (click "choose files" for each photo) then click "Submit Reply" and your photos will be inserted into your reply in the order you added them.

• Like 1