Nugget Shooter Forums

What mods for SD 2100v2?

Let me start by saying I have some limited experience with VLF detectors in Alaska but none with Minelabs or any other PI machine.  I have done searches on several forums on the SD 2100v2 use, tips & mods & have some specific questions.

Right now I have 2 stock SD 2100 v2s that I just picked up.  stock machines with factory 11" coils(DD according to manual). Will be trying to put them to use in some areas of my home state of Alaska (I do have a GB 2 & GM 2 for VLF friendly areas & conditions) but also hope to use one when we visit family in the Prescott AZ area.  May be able to talk my wife into using one but most likely scinario is a primary machine & a backup machine so only 1 will get modded to start with.  Looking for any advise.

Right now I am looking at the Docs Gold Screamer kit with Lithium batteries as the #1 mod.

Also thinking an 8" Mono coil would be a good start for extra coils.  Make sense?  Recomendations?  Would be interested in gently used if someone has one.

#1 mod I would consider, is a Woody mod from Australia, check detectormods.com. Never used a 2100 but heard they are great on deep nuggets. Woody has done mods on my ol 4500 and made it comparable to any of the newer detectors if not better. The dude is a electronic genius! You will not not be disappointed!

7 hours ago, shep said:

#1 mod I would consider, is a Woody mod from Australia, check detectormods.com. Never used a 2100 but heard they are great on deep nuggets. Woody has done mods on my ol 4500 and made it comparable to any of the newer detectors if not better. The dude is a electronic genius! You will not not be disappointed!

Thanks for the input, but just before you posted I ordered so I hope Im not dissapointed!  Maybe in the future or on the second machine...