Nugget Shooter Forums

Franconia Trip

I'm planning a trip to Franconia to hunt meteorites in the next few week, and then on to Gold Basin for meteorites and gold.

I've read thru the archives and plan on hunting south of the tracks  because of the issues crossing them.  I also see

that most of the land north of the tracks is either private or in the Warm Springs Wilderness Area. Is meteorite collecting in the wilderness 

area allowed? 

As for Gold Basin I see the land is a checker board of public and private. I've found some unclaimed land to hunt, and see that Mohave Prospector assoc. 

have some claims there, anybody have any experience on those? Is it worth joining?

Also wanted to know if there is an rv dump station and potable water available near Dolan Spring? 

Thanks guys

Haven't been to Franconia yet. Gold Basin- Mojave GP club, Gold Searchers of Nevada, both good. Found gold on. GPAA has claims, gold has been found on. Meteorites, I've done pretty good over by the heliport. Gold and meteorites- hunt the bushes. JMO

• Like 2