Nugget Shooter Forums

BLM MLRS Closing

The BLM MLRS reporting system will be closed from 8 pm central time today (March 8) until 9:30 am central time on Monday March 14th. You will not be able to research or file mining claims online until next Monday. If you need to file paperwork the BLM State offices will be available for walk in filings.

Land Matters will still be available for current research and mapping during this time. We will be updating the Mining Claims maps later today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Clay,

Do you recommend filing a claim electronically on MLRS?

I had called over to the Arizona BLM office last September about filing a claim, and they recommended sending the paper copy in.  It’s been several months since and perhaps the bugs have been worked out with this new system.

• Like 1

I wouldn't recommend using the online claim filing system Chris.  No one I know in the mining industry will use the online claim filing system or trust their mapping system. I have heard some horror stories from those companies that tried it.

The bugs are still in the MLRS system but Land Matters is working with the BLM to get those bugs fixed. It's a slow process but after more than a year they are finally making some of the needed changes.

In my experience about the time the BLM gets the MLRS system working they will either remove it like they did the geocommunicator claims maps or switch to something new and "better" like when they closed the LR2000 and replaced it with the MLRS. The old LR2000 and the new MLRS have exactly the same information stored in their databases but the MLRS is "new" so it must be better - right?

The fact is you will still need to record your location notice at the county (on paper) and your BLM claim status filings still need to be on paper. File a paper copy of the paper county location record at the BLM and you have proof of your location filing. Online ... ?

• Like 3

23 hours ago, chrisski said:

Clay,

Do you recommend filing a claim electronically on MLRS?

I had called over to the Arizona BLM office last September about filing a claim, and they recommended sending the paper copy in.  It’s been several months since and perhaps the bugs have been worked out with this new system.

I'm with Clay! Do it the old way that creates a paper trail. Too many bugs in the MLRS.

• Like 1