Nugget Shooter Forums

A bit of yellow West of the River.....

On or about 2/25/22 on a sloping bit of Arizona desert pavement there was a startlingly loud signal, not unlike a large caliber slug.  I had not had a signal for a while and this one sure got my attention.  I thought "ugh, another bullet" and did a bit of a scrape, no movement, still in the ground, one more scrape and it was in the pile.  "Hmmm mebe this isn't a bullet after all" I thought.  A moment later I had a longish dirty rock in my hand and after a quick bath I saw a point of lovely gold poking out of the dirt.  It was a wonderful feeling to get over gold again.  I am grateful to my friend Shep who gave me a pointy finger that morning in camp.....  Very specific were his directions, "over there" he said as he swept his hand through a 180 degree arc.  

It was a great trip and I was able to catch up with Shep, his brother Doug, Bunk, Estele, Ken S. and the beautiful desert never fails to bring peace to my spirit. 

The machine was Shep's modded 4500 which is amazing, the depth was about four inches......  8.8 Gramcrackers.

Happy Hunting,

Jeff

A103C3A21-C635-4D6F-85A1-CA6EB1001826_1_105_c.jpeg

• Like 15
  • well done 6
  • wow 1

23 hours ago, pairadiceau said:

On or about 2/25/22 on a sloping bit of Arizona desert pavement there was a startlingly loud signal, not unlike a large caliber slug.  I had not had a signal for a while and this one sure got my attention.  I thought "ugh, another bullet" and did a bit of a scrape, no movement, still in the ground, one more scrape and it was in the pile.  "Hmmm mebe this isn't a bullet after all" I thought.  A moment later I had a longish dirty rock in my hand and after a quick bath I saw a point of lovely gold poking out of the dirt.  It was a wonderful feeling to get over gold again.  I am grateful to my friend Shep who gave me a pointy finger that morning in camp.....  Very specific were his directions, "over there" he said as he swept his hand through a 180 degree arc.  

It was a great trip and I was able to catch up with Shep, his brother Doug, Bunk, Estele, Ken S. and the beautiful desert never fails to bring peace to my spirit. 

The machine was Shep's modded 4500 which is amazing, the depth was about four inches......  8.8 Gramcrackers.

Happy Hunting,

Jeff

A103C3A21-C635-4D6F-85A1-CA6EB1001826_1_105_c.jpeg

Very Nice! Definitely worth the wait!

Whoo hoo! Nice break-in with that new machine of yours! Shep’s reply?

I think Shep is taking partial credit being it was his modded 4500 that Jeff bought that found it !!!!! Lol !!!! :thumbsupanim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My .02 worth. It is a real pretty piece! I ran the newly acquired 6000. Everyone says run your 6K over where you found gold before and find what you missed.; well that Woody modded 4500 didn't seem to miss anything. That's one helluva detector, just a bit heavy for my shoulder anymore.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you Lanny,

I always appreciate your posts.  
I just realized the title of this post is incorrect, I was in the great state of Arizona which is on the East side of the Colorado River….  Please don’t ask me for directions, I am not a reliable navigator 😉

• Like 5

I can vouch for your Bad Directions !!!!!!! :thumbsupanim:ya::Just_Cuz_06: