Nugget Shooter Forums

My first meteorite!!!!

Typically WmS pattern is shown with iron meteorites and using acid to etch the ground surface. I can’t say I have seen one with a ordinary chondrite. When you have chondrules present, you can see them even without a microscope. 

Jayray

42 minutes ago, Jayray said:

Typically WmS pattern is shown with iron meteorites and using acid to etch the ground surface. I can’t say I have seen one with a ordinary chondrite. When you have chondrules present, you can see them even without a microscope. 

Jayray

They are present actually and I can see them with my bare eyes. But the problem is my camera can't capture those clearly. You know it's very frustrating when I can see them easily but it's hard for you to see them, wish I could come physically with my specimen to show. For example in the below photo the areas I have marked shows very typical chondrules but they can't be seen clearly because of my phone's camera quality whereas being physically present I can see them easily. I can't even zoom to show because if i do my camera will capture blurr images. Even if you will try to zoom and see them you won't because the photos my camera capture are very grainy. 20220222_190840.jpg

-master

Edited by Master

4 hours ago, Master said:

If I will itch it then will it will show widsmattern pattern? From which acid I have to itch with it?

You cannot etch a stoney meteorite. Etching is for iron and stoney iron meteorites.