Nugget Shooter Forums

Early season gold nuggets (early season for me anyway)

With a bad auto accident in spring and all the fires later, 2021 was not a banner year for me to get out and search for nuggets. So I started a bit early this year with a invite from a friend to the low country in the far western edges of the Sierra Nevada. It was a great trip with excellent weather in the mid-70s. I got some good gold but my tent was attacked and stomped on by cows! I think these were attack cows, specially bred by the military for stealth counter-terrorism. 😉
Or something like that.....🤣

The tent is repairable though I needed to buy a new section of tent pole and give the tent a through washing. The photo below shows the gold, 7.4 grams, just a bit shy of a quarter ounce. The largest piece, at 3.5 grams was a partial sunbaker - partly covered but some of it was showing. It was good to get out and find some gold, I enjoyed it so much I did up a Youtube video if you are interested its at: https://youtu.be/hNeHNJVG7LQ

IMG_0894 (2).jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • well done 1

Very nice Chris!

Gotta watch those covert cows while out!

I'll be out there again in the coming weeks. This time I'll be alert for the attack cows. I'll also be trying some different things to find gold. When I get the results, I'll post some photos here.

• Like 2