Nugget Shooter Forums

GP Docs Gold Screamer Toggle Switch?

Hello, can someone explain what the toggle switch is for and how it works on the GP series gold screamer? I recently got a GP 3500 that came with one, and for the life of me I can’t figure out what that switch does or which way it should be set. Someone mentioned it might be a voltage setting but there’s no indicators which way to flip it for the GP. I tried Google and watched old AZO and Doc’s videos about the unit for answers but they didn't mention it either. Hoping one of you guys might know. Thanks for your help!  Please see below for reference, thanks!

E9AA3956-1BF8-4800-9537-E0A01FD98182.jpeg
Note: Doc got back to me and said the switch position is not reliable, If the markings are gone (like mine) it should be tested under a load only as the voltage will change without it. Female Pins one and two are the +-voltage (He forgot which order), and three and four the audio. It  should supply 6.7 V for the GP 3500.

Hopefully someone will know and respond, even better maybe @DOC might stop by, but he hasn't been on the forum for a few months it seems, but it appears he has been on Detector Prospector recently, Feb. 5TH, maybe you could send him a PM over there to get a quicker response.

Link to his profile over there.

https://www.detectorprospector.com/profile/277-doc/

• Thanks 1

If I remember correctly the detector only worked with the switch in 1 position and not in the other. During detecting if I accidentally knocked the switch in the opposite direction the 3500 would not work. It is a great simple to learn and use machine. Good luck with it.

• Thanks 1

I just heard back from Doc. Yeah the markings on mine are gone and he commented that the switch position is not reliable, it would have to be tested under a load. He described the pin outs for me so I could test it too. What a great and helpful guy!

• Like 3