Nugget Shooter Forums

Has anyone detected in the Emerson Lake District?

Hello Everyone,

I read in a book - Gold Districts of California - that there was wire gold and pockets containing high grade gold being found in Emerson lake in San Bernardino County. I don't know if this is valid because I never even heard of anyone finding wire gold from Southern California or ever seen wire gold from the south side of California. The only wire gold I seen from California was from Georgetown in Nevada district in Northern California. Has anyone prospected in this area? Any help or insight will be appreciated.

Best,

Art

Nope.  Check for current or old placer claims in the area even within 10-15 miles surrounding.  
I’m headed to the Dale on Sunday.  It’s never treated me very well so I keep going back just to show persistence😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫

Brownie

• Like 2

On 2/1/2022 at 6:28 PM, Artzak said:

Hello Everyone,

I read in a book - Gold Districts of California - that there was wire gold and pockets containing high grade gold being found in Emerson lake in San Bernardino County. I don't know if this is valid because I never even heard of anyone finding wire gold from Southern California or ever seen wire gold from the south side of California. The only wire gold I seen from California was from Georgetown in Nevada district in Northern California. Has anyone prospected in this area? Any help or insight will be appreciated.

Best,

Art

Hey Art, isn’t wire gold a lode related mineral?  Maybe if there are mine dump piles nearby, you might find some amongst the broken ore. The topos show old adits and prospects on both sides of those hills west of the lakebed. Never been to that area though.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brownnugget said:

Nope.  Check for current or old placer claims in the area even within 10-15 miles surrounding.  
I’m headed to the Dale on Sunday.  It’s never treated me very well so I keep going back just to show persistence😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫😵💫

Brownie

Have fun, one of my favorite places too!

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 8:23 AM, GotAU? said:

Hey Art, isn’t wire gold a lode related mineral?  Maybe if there are mine dump piles nearby, you might find some amongst the broken ore. The topos show old adits and prospects on both sides of those hills west of the lakebed. Never been to that area though.

Hi Brownie, yes that's correct. Thanks for the tip!

On 2/4/2022 at 1:32 PM, Brownnugget said:

Brownie

Good luck on your trip to Dale! Thank you.