Nugget Shooter Forums

Look at this agate I stumbled upon.

4 hours ago, RockandFound said:

It’s an agate guys I promise. Everything under the skin of it is quartz, chalcedony, and jasper. 

If that's an agate, it's unlike anything I've seen in the past.

Have you checked it? Agates will not react with a slow fizz after a few minutes when you put some drops of warm or hot vinegar on it.

• Like 1

Where I live out here on the Colorado river in Arizona the agates look different idk why. They are agatized all the way through a lot of the time. The outer area I guess just looks like that because of the elements I suppose. I’ve posted some other examples of similar agates that actually show the bands. 
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 5

Those are gorgeous.
I found a bunch of geodes on the AZ side of the river, south of Ehrenberg. They were in the walls of a wash where concentrations of a bright yellow mineral caught my eye. Lots of strange looking concretions down there as well.

Edited by Dakota Slim
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

Those are gorgeous.
I found a bunch of geodes on the AZ side of the river, south of Ehrenberg. They were in the walls of a wash where concentrations of a bright yellow mineral caught my eye. Lots of strange looking concretions down there as well.

Did you find out what the bright yellow mineral was? Could be worth something on the collectors market.

4 hours ago, Morlock said:

Did you find out what the bright yellow mineral was? Could be worth something on the collectors market.

Never did. It was a fine powder. 

It looked like this...

https://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Oxide-Mineral-Powder-25g/dp/B013KCRX3G

Edited by Dakota Slim

• 1 month later...

Its beautiful.  Don't cut it, you could make some good money selling that to the right lapidarist.

I'll give you a dollar for it!:)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 5:30 PM, GotAU? said:

Its beautiful.  Don't cut it, you could make some good money selling that to the right lapidarist.

I'll give you a dollar for it!:)

Yea that’s what I was thinking. It would be cool for someone to bring this thing to life. 

3 hours ago, RockandFound said:

Yea that’s what I was thinking. It would be cool for someone to bring this thing to life. 

Find a local rock club and do it yourself!