Nugget Shooter Forums

SunRay pro headphones w/ Red knobs

So in the past I loved my old SunRay pros headphones, they worked great on my VLF and PI detectors...after many years of hard use they went bad. I recently got another pair but this time they have the red knobs. They seem to work only on the left side and after switching toggles , turning the volume up no sound out of the right side I tried it all, ns still do not function as they should,. I went on the internet and noticed they have different versions yellow / red knobs. I understand they made the red knob ones for the Mienlab CTX 3030, but they also stated they should work on all detectors.

It could be possible that the plug is not the correct one for your headphone jack, having you tried moving the plug in and out of the jack a little bit to see if that makes it work.

That being I would contact Sunray to see what they say. 

Also if I'm not mistaken Sunray headphones have a lifetime warranty, I would also contact them about repairing your old headphones. 

Try calling and see what they say!

http://sunraydetector.com/SUNRAY_Repair_Information.html

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 5:25 PM, Au Seeker said:

It could be possible that the plug is not the correct one for your headphone jack, having you tried moving the plug in and out of the jack a little bit to see if that makes it work.

That being I would contact Sunray to see what they say. 

Also if I'm not mistaken Sunray headphones have a lifetime warranty, I would also contact them about repairing your old headphones. 

Try calling and see what they say!

http://sunraydetector.com/SUNRAY_Repair_Information.html

I have tried  moving all the toggles including the 3 position switch to up, center and down positions and nothing seems to make the right earphone work. 

I called Doug at Sunray pro headphones and metal detectors and had a pleasent conversation with him. He listened to my issue and said even though I bought it from one of the forum memebers he would troubleshoot and fix the headphones. I told him my last pair of Sunrays ( old version ) were the best headphones I used and after  many years of detecting  they finally went south. He asked me if I still had them so he could repair them, unfortuanel I throw them away as I felt I had good use of them and I was good with it I got my moneys worth out of them. Doug and I spoke for a half and hour about detecting and how its evolved over the years he took the time to listen to my problem and reassured me Sunray Pro would fix it. American made and great service, what else can you ask for :head: :thumbsupanim

• Like 1

When you use stereo headphones with a mono jack that will always happen. 

I had the same problem. I changed the headphone jack to a stereo jack and it fixed it. 

Just like Skip said. If you pull out on the jack a little it will break contact and the right side will start working. But you will have mono sound. Just get a stereo jack and things will probably work fine. 

It is the same any time you use stereo headphones and a mono jack. Or vice versa. 

Just now, Bedrock Bob said:

When you use stereo headphones with a mono jack that will always happen. 

I had the same problem. I changed the headphone jack to a stereo jack and it fixed it. 

Just like Skip said. If you pull out on the jack a little it will break contact and the right side will start working. But you will have mono sound. Just get a stereo jack and things will probably work fine. 

It is the same any time you use stereo headphones and a mono jack. Or vice versa. 

Thanks Bob, 

I tried pulling on the jack and it didnt work, Doug at Sunray said the 3 position switch is suppose to by pass , he mentioned something about setting the 3 way position up for stereo and center position for another thing and bottom for another. I am not all that familiar with mono, stereo and all that, but they made this new version headphones so they work on the Minelab CTX 3030 so one setting would be for the CTX , the other setting for a universal mode for all other detectors. Doug did say its possible that their is a wiring issue. I sent them in and hopefully they can resolve either my ignorance on this matter or maybe its all in the wiring of this pair. All I know is it dont work when I plug them in and I tried all the settings.

Just now, Au Seeker said:

They also make adapters, mono to stereo and stereo to mono, but not sure which one you would need.

Ahh, I did not know that. Thanks Au Seeker..I probably should have tried that before sending them in...oh well it is what it is.