Nugget Shooter Forums

Finally a bigger piece with the 6000

Brownnugget

I have not been able to get my 6000 over a bigger piece of gold but that changed last week. I have been digging some at depth trash targets but no gold. Very impressed and happy with the 6000 so far. I still can’t pin point well but with a few hundred more targets that should change. Biggest piece 8.9 grams followed by 3.4 on the smaller one. All the small pieces came out of one single tailings pile (the fines). All this guys tools and a chair were still sitting right there. Happy Hunting and Holidays all!! Brownie

Edit…..and the smallest piece you see in my hand I actually lost🤣🤣🤣

8A3FC6AE-BF01-4E13-95E0-F13F9C7CF8FE.jpeg

7CBCB442-C6F7-4D44-BD67-D6941477EC09.jpeg

Edited by Brownnugget
Addition
  • Like 11
  • well done 3

1 hour ago, Brownnugget said:

I have not been able to get my 6000 over a bigger piece of gold but that changed last week. I have been digging some at depth trash targets but no gold. Very impressed and happy with the 6000 so far. I still can’t pin point well but with a few hundred more targets that should change. Biggest piece 8.9 grams followed by 3.4 on the smaller one. All the small pieces came out of one single tailings pile (the fines). All this guys tools and a chair were still sitting right there. Happy Hunting and Holidays all!! Brownie

Edit…..and the smallest piece you see in my hand I actually lost🤣🤣🤣

8A3FC6AE-BF01-4E13-95E0-F13F9C7CF8FE.jpeg

7CBCB442-C6F7-4D44-BD67-D6941477EC09.jpeg

Very nice! When you mention the chair and tools, was it old historic tailings? I hope so, if someone’s out there working and losing stuff like that today they need to get a different job!

8 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Very nice! When you mention the chair and tools, was it old historic tailings? I hope so, if someone’s out there working and losing stuff like that today they need to get a different job!

No these were recent workings.  The .5 gram piece I kept chasing down in the pile about 8” and when I saw it was gold I said out loud “are you $@?&ing kidding me”?

I hunted at least 10 other spoil piles on this club claim in this single wash and this what is the only one that produce to Gold.

It was a hole about 4 feet deep down to bedrock and made me want to come back and dry wash the area.🤌🏼🤌🏼🤌🏼

Edited by Brownnugget
  • Haha 1

I'm surprised that the guy didn't leave his drywasher out for you to use as well.  Or was that part of the "tools" you mentioned? :)

59 minutes ago, BMc said:

I'm surprised that the guy didn't leave his drywasher out for you to use as well.  Or was that part of the "tools" you mentioned? :)

No dry washer but a 1/4 mile up the wash was a full dry washer and blower and another 1/4 mile up another dry washer and screen with chair operation.
always a little freaky to happen across equipment stashes personally.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brownnugget said:

No these were recent workings.  The .5 gram piece I kept chasing down in the pile about 8” and when I saw it was gold I said out loud “are you $@?&ing kidding me”?

I hunted at least 10 other spoil piles on this club claim in this single wash and this what is the only one that produce to Gold.

It was a hole about 4 feet deep down to bedrock and made me want to come back and dry wash the area.🤌🏼🤌🏼🤌🏼

Find out which club member was doing that and ask him if he’d like some help!  😉

27 minutes ago, Brownnugget said:

I seriously thought about leaving a note under the tarp but got lazy plus didn’t want to risk being taken the wrong way. Plus I will definitely be back to check on his progress hopefully middle Jan.  🇺🇸

Leave a picture and say thanks for the gold?  :D 

Naw, you are right, probably best to not say anything and go back later.  People in my club are allowed to leave a bucket or other tools with their name to reserve their hole for a day, else their stuff can be neatly stacked to the side and others can work it.

Boy, thats a great day there! Congrats.

Tom H.