Nugget Shooter Forums

First nugget with the 6000 with Pros and Cons

PastorShep

Went to Quartzite with my brother, Shep, and got my first nugget with the GPX6000. Nugget weighed 0.6 g and was found about 3"-4" in a real trashy area. I love the machine but have had some serious problems with it. Here are the Pros and Cons and my story

Pros: light weight (I can swing it for hours with no problems), detects both small and larger targets in shallow or deeper holes, wireless headphones are great (when they work)

Cons: Quality of manufacturing.       On my first outing in November to Q, the machine developed an intermittent interference problem coming through the headphones, and I noticed something loose inside of the machine. I contacted ML and they said to send it insured to their service center in PA. That cost me $180. The Detector Center found 2 loose shaft screws inside of the main box. One was completely off and the other was loose. Again - this was my FIRST outing with the 6000. They also found that the headphones would not pair with the machine. They sent back the repaired 6000 along with a new set of headphones. Besides the lack of quality control, MineLab will not reimburse me for the $180 spent to send it back due to a defect in their machine.         

IMG_5434.JPGIMG_5436.JPG

• Like 5
  • well done 1

Yes! Great find. Glad you got one. It was a really great time getting together with everyone again.

Tom H.