Nugget Shooter Forums

How do I complete a sale across the US

goldrivermike

Typically, money can be transferred using PayPal or similar. I was asking about what is the typical process. I receive funds then ship? This is an honor system. The buyer is risking that I’ll send the detector after I receive funds. Is there like an escrow type system where funds are held by a neutral party then released once buyer has received the item? I just want the buyer not to worry about it.

Send it COD. The carrier charges on delivery and remits payment to you. 

FedEx and UPS both will do it. The shipping isn't cheap.

I send stuff all the time. I don't do COD. I use PayPal and Square. I don't charge the card until I ship the package. Then I send the customer a photo of the shipping receipt with the tracking number and a receipt with the total they were charged. 

Their card does not get charged until the goods leave your hands. So you get payment when you ship and they have guaranteed shipment.

If they don't get the package they have to deal with the shipper or with their credit card company. Either way their shipment is guaranteed and so is your payment.

Paypal has a good seller and buyer guarantee.  They’ve refunded me when the seller was a fraud.  To use their guarantee, you first send a invoice through Paypal to the buyer and after they pay, Paypal will send you a notice where and to whom to ship it to. As long as you ship the item with signature delivery required to the name and Paypal verified address paypal gave you, you are covered. As for shipping insurance, UPS has denied my claim before saying I didn’t correctly pack an item that broke from their bad handling.  The customer service rep said to let the UPS store handle packing the item next time and It will be on them if the packing is inadequate.

• 2 weeks later...

my experience has been very positive with my receipt of a cashier check and shipment of the item on the same day. I just did one to Florida from here in AZ ... person should receive goods tomorrow if I remember the ship arrival time. I have always done a cashier check or if a well known to me member on this forum a personal check if I am selling something. If meeting in person it is always cash. As I said I have never had a problem in either direction.

6 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

. I have always done a cashier check

Are these still drafted at the bank, or done electronic?  It's been a while since I did a cashier's check and that was at the bank.  That was before the internet.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used Walmart money transfers several times with no problem.  There is a small fee and the funds are available to the seller pretty much immediately.  No guarantees...  I have only used this payment method to people I have personally spoken to.  If they sound fishy... I'll pass...  Good luck.

On 12/15/2021 at 7:35 PM, chrisski said:

Are these still drafted at the bank, or done electronic?  It's been a while since I did a cashier's check and that was at the bank.  That was before the internet.

As far as I know they are still written at the bank ... this one certainly was a bank check with a very easily seen watermark. I had no trouble cashing it the day it arrived and the money was placed for my use immediately by my bank. So I believe they must have also recognized the legitimacy of the check or they would not have done that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike, while I do not care for their politics, PayPal is a good way to go.  It does offer protection for the buyer and everything about the transaction is traceable.  Start by sending the buyer a very detailed invoice and make sure you well define your return policy…….you can even state no returns if you wish