Nugget Shooter Forums

ISO 12 volt lithium GpX Battery

Relichunter2016

On 11/25/2021 at 7:58 AM, Relichunter2016 said:

Looking for  a used but working Minelab square block 12 volt GPX battery. Need one for back up...

I may have exactly what your looking for without breaking the bank.

I need to check out one I have and I'll get back to you asap I can. 🤠 Where are u located ?

On 11/26/2021 at 2:25 PM, frank c said:

So that would involve shipping I am in NW Arizona.

I have it charging and will see if it checks out OK.

I sent one before, was told It has to go ground only with one of these printed and stuck on the package: 3481 is code for lithium battery in equipment (the external ML battery box is suitable as this) copy and print it, put your phone number on the bottom.

D52FA0A4-CC85-4149-ACEF-92BE276F131D.jpeg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, frank c said:

U mean they don't supply them at the post office ?

My PO didn’t have them. I just used a paper copy from internet- you can copy and print the one I posted above too.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Not sure how to bump , but I am still in search of a 7.4 volt battery for my Minelab 4500.  The new ones are just to expensive for me right now as my copper pipe burst under my slab of my house, looking to repipe and its not cheap...boorb:ROFL:. If you have a good used battery I have some gold I can trade if interested. 

Edited by Relichunter2016

1 hour ago, Relichunter2016 said:

Not sure how to bump , but I am still in search of a 7.4 volt battery for my Minelab 4500.  The new ones are just to expensive for me right now as my copper pipe burst under my slab of my house, looking to repipe and its not cheap...boorb:ROFL:. If you have a good used battery I have some gold I can trade if interested. 

Slab leaks are the worse. We are still paying for ours. How are you with electronics? There are much less expensive rechargeable LiPO batteries that can be adapted for use with a GPX, can you open up your dead battery and replace the cells in it?  Not too hard to do, as long s you can source the same cells or get some that are comparable- main thing is to match the voltage and have up to 68Wh capacity (big battery) or less for the half-sized brick. It was easy to replace dead GP batteries, but working with LiPOs takes a bit more wiring but it could be done.

Posted (edited)
Just now, GotAU? said:

Slab leaks are the worse. We are still paying for ours. How are you with electronics? There are much less expensive rechargeable LiPO batteries that can be adapted for use with a GPX, can you open up your dead battery and replace the cells in it?  Not too hard to do, as long s you can source the same cells or get some that are comparable- main thing is to match the voltage and have up to 68Wh capacity (big battery) or less for the half-sized brick. It was easy to replace dead GP batteries, but working with LiPOs takes a bit more wiring but it could be done.

My knowledge of electronics is zilch, and I wouldn't even consider it unless I had the tools and know how and the confidence to fix something like this. If I did it I would guarantee I would screw the detector up.  ...:aw-shucks:  Yeah a great way to start the New Year with a under slab broken and leaking copper pipe. The price of repipes will set most people back some, but it is what it is and it has to get done.  Think I will give it another week or so on the battery, may have to sell some of the shiny stuff and just buy a new one. Thought I'd try on some of the forums, but appears no one wants to let lose of one or perhaps none available. I would even consider the smaller version Minelab has available , think it last maybe 4 hours. For now I will grunt around with my Whites MXT , but when I scan with a vlf, it just don't feel right...haha. I mean its great for relics, coins and jewelry but it doesn't have the depth I need in the area I hunt. But I can scan tailings and just dig the high tone, maybe in time I will get lucky with the effort I put into it. I have done it before the pulse induction days.  

Edited by Relichunter2016
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Relichunter2016 said:

My knowledge of electronics is zilch, and I wouldn't even consider it unless I had the tools and know how and the confidence to fix something like this. If I did it I would guarantee I would screw the detector up.  ...:aw-shucks:  Yeah a great way to start the New Year with a under slab broken and leaking copper pipe. The price of repipes will set most people back some, but it is what it is and it has to get done.  Think I will give it another week or so on the battery, may have to sell some of the shiny stuff and just buy a new one. Thought I'd try on some of the forums, but appears no one wants to let lose of one or perhaps none available. I would even consider the smaller version Minelab has available , think it last maybe 4 hours. For now I will grunt around with my Whites MXT , but when I scan with a vlf, it just don't feel right...haha. I mean its great for relics, coins and jewelry but it doesn't have the depth I need in the area I hunt. But I can scan tailings and just dig the high tone, maybe in time I will get lucky with the effort I put into it. I have done it before the pulse induction days.  

You wouldn’t happen to have a dead one, would you? You got me thinking about maybe refurbishing them for people…

I’m curious to see what the innards look like, I’ll have to put out a wanted poster for one of those.

Just now, GotAU? said:

You wouldn’t happen to have a dead one, would you? You got me thinking about maybe refurbishing them for people…

I’m curious to see what the innards look like, I’ll have to put out a wanted poster for one of those.

No it still charges , the problem is the amp for the headphones. If I come across a dead on I'll let you know.