Nugget Shooter Forums

4 Lost Treasures?

Not real.

There was probably something he high graded as is rumored from the Vulture Mine, or perhaps some ore he hoarded over the years.  At the end it was either spent or so little left.  Anyone of us may have walked by an unusual for the area rock pile that was this ore.

This is the family friendly version of how he died:

In failing health, Jacob Waltz moved to Phoenix and died some twenty years later in 1891. He supposedly described the mine's location to Julia Thomas, a neighbor who took care of him prior to his death. Neither she nor dozens of other seekers in the years that followed were able to find the "Lost Dutchman's Mine."

Other versions I’ve seen had him dieing from pneumonia after being stuck in a tree for days avoiding a flood.  Others versions describe the lady as running the local house of ill repute.  Other stories hinted he told the lady who took care of him a fib to receive care.

If someone was to go with a lot of money left, I doubt they would go like he did.

Even though not real, the thought of searching for it appeals to me.  Not so much for the promise of untied wealth at the end, but more for the adventure.  I actually get more adventure than searching for that treasure out of the 40 hours of research and then the boots on the ground when trying to determine of a place is a good claim or not.

Edited by chrisski
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, chrisski said:

Even though not real, the thought of searching for it appeals to me.  Not so much for the promise of untied wealth at the end, but more for the adventure.  I actually get more adventure than searching for that treasure out of the 40 hours of research and then the boots on the ground when trying to determine of a place is a good claim or not.

I agree with you.. I wouldn't make a bet on this but I'm thinking there's more treasures found by accident than on purpose. You just never know what you might stumble across anytime you're out in the field. I've had more success stumbling onto things by myself than following the crowd.

There are lots of treasures out there. Most don't have stories behind them. Others do. But there not the popular "treasure tails".

Any place there is disaster, violence, crime, war, arrest, death, there is treasure. Lots of it. But you aren't going to find any actionable information following riddles or stories. You have to do real research and talk to lots of people to isolate a place to search. And when you find that place you are probably going to have to deal with the owner. 

You can actually make money "treasure hunting". But following legends and stories has never lead to any found treasure that I know of. Unless it was Forrest Fenns treasure hunt. That was the only solved treasure "riddle" that I have ever heard of.