Nugget Shooter Forums

Got a new German metal detector this week

Allen

I am excited to try my new metal detector this weekend in three different spots on Arizona. I will let you know next week if I found gold with it. I also have a monster 1000 but have only found two pieces of gold with that. So i decided to spent the money on a detector that may do better for me. 

Good luck!  Hope it does well for you- and inquiring minds want to know, what kind of detector is it?

What helped you to decide to get that make and model? I am by no means an expert and had a terrible time deciding - and I still want to try others out based on professional advice and dependable users Ive spoke with. It is a hard decision as there are so many types of detectors out there, so I went with more commonly sold models Ive seen people using and getting gold with in the field. Post your findings!

I have had a equinox 800 and no luck with it. I currently have a monster 1000 and have found one little picker and a nice quartz piece with flakes of gold on it in a tailing pile. Other than that no luck. Have used both for twice a week for 18 months. 

I decided it was time to try something new that may register deeper than other ones in the market. 
we shall see this weekend and next weekend. Plan on going back to where I found the quartz with the flakes of gold on it and use it there. If this one registers deep then I may find the gold vein the old timers did not find. Here is a picture of it. 

751FA997-10BF-4908-924D-887C9BDC8B82.jpeg6C057AF3-F487-4EEA-92EF-FA4B6ADB40DE.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/12/2021 at 1:05 AM, Mike C... said:

I watched the Video and that was enough for me Good luck :tisk-tisk:-IMO I would try and get your money back and look for a used Gpx :arrowheadsmiley: :200:

Same thought here… nice used GP 3500’s and GPX 4500’s can be found for $1-$2k now.

And he did well even with that GM 1000, I’d take the GM and rake that tailings pile and find more!

• 2 weeks later...

No gold yet. Been doing testing with black sand have a couple places to go this weekend. Did a comparison with this one and a monster 1000. You can notice and difference in the sound with this one in black sands. The gold monster no difference in sound unless you raise the machine 3-4 inches above the ground in black sand. If you come accross gold you will get the gold signal and no black sand sand. I have a patch that has tons of black sand in it. I was in the upper part of the patch and very little black sand. I will. Be in the thick of it this weekend. 

• Hmmmmmm 1

Where you able to play the video’s both are black sand test’s with no gold and using a gold ring. You can here a pitch with the ger gold seeker and no sound difference with a monster 1000. I am working on a black sand patch that is about 200 acres. I will see if I start finding gold I know sand and black sand are about a 6 inch layer over dirt in this area. 

if you can explain what you are confused about maybe I can explain better if I know what you are confused about

Why are u using a natural Gold Nugget specific detector to compare for detecting a piece of jewelry ?

It wasn't designed for that.

Gold jewelry is generally inferior to natural gold nuggets.

Did u know that ?

I don't understand why you are doing what you are doing.

And no I did not watch any videos on this thread. Just kinda wondered how yer German detector was doin for ya.

• Like 1

I try not to be a downer about someone being out beeping. I believe just being out there doing it is its own reward.

And I'm certainly not a "brand-hole" when it comes to detectors.... but, "black sands,deeper targets, ring test" are all signs you may be missing the forest because of the trees.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...