Nugget Shooter Forums

A couple of live digs here in New York

Well, I'll tell you that I've watched the video 3 or 4 times, parts of it anyway.  Let me ask, at the end of the video, with all of that stuff on the table, how many hours did you spend finding all that junk?  

Here, digging one hole is almost 5 minutes, from start to getting it filled back in and stomped back down.  Honestly, I've never found that many targets.  That table is full.

I could see in the video, you're getting down deep.  Later on, I'm going to ask you guys to give me a step by step, how to set up a coin shooting program for my Equinox 800.  But that pile of treasure on the table is impressive.

I'm thinking of places where I can detect.  

• Like 1

Hey Redsnow, If this is what you're talking about it all came from Four trips to the beach (usually 5-6 hours of detecting), with a pulse induction unit. Using a sandscoop is much easier than chopping through caliche!:thumbsupanim

stuff2.jpg

Morning guys.  No, I was looking at the table full of stuff at the end of the video posted above.  With the buckles, clad coins and some silver coins and all.  The video of you and Anthony, not positive, but I think you said at the park.  One little clip showed, I think a ball field.  

No way you 2 guys found all of that stuff in one day, or maybe you did?  That's impressive.  

Years ago, I was digging around an old one room schoolhouse, pretty sure I was using my Fisher 1266, and dug up like 120 targets.  Not a single coin.  Mostly pistol and 22 bullets.  A whole box full.  I remember that Dad was with me and we killed a rattlesnake in the front yard of the school.  

I'd like to get back in there with this Minelab, there has got to be some good junk there someplace.  But I mean everything that I dug was a good solid target, and we came home with a box of lead.

• Like 2

The amount of traffic, and the difference in the type of activity; whether or not money and valuables were being carried by people engaged in physical activities etc. would seem to have a lot to do with it. Still, it's an impressive haul and a little surprising that the park doesn't appear to have been hit very hard by previous generations of detectorists. 

• Like 1

OHHHH! No, I have found these items over the last few years! The park booty was clad, silver, the silver medal and the silver ring. To answer BMc's question, the park is in a neighborhood that you would have to know, and has probably not been hit since forever.

Screeb4.jpg

The amount of traffic, and the difference in the type of activity; whether or not money and valuables were being carried by people engaged in physical activities etc. would seem to have a lot to do with it. Still, it's an impressive haul and a little surprising that the park doesn't appear to have been hit very hard by previous generations of detectorists. 

Great haul Terry! Collectively one of the best I've seen. :thumbsupanim

• Like 1