Nugget Shooter Forums

Eldorado Canyon day; from lawless gold mining mecca to a hoarder’s dream

Dakota Slim

Great historic read!
" Today, it’s part “Twilight Zone” and part Radiator Springs from the Pixar animated blockbuster “Cars,” but a century and a half ago, Eldorado Canyon was the epitome of what one would consider the Wild West."
"Visitors driving through this canyon situated about a mile past the town of Nelson on Nevada’s state Route 165 cannot help but wonder “How did all of this stuff get here?” as they view the vast expanse of outdated items, from a whole host of antique cars to nostalgic signs that advertise products ranging from soft drinks to motor oil."

https://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/archive/2021/10/31/raw-eldorado-canyon-day-from-lawless-gold-mining-mecca-to-a-hoarders-dream/#.YX9JVZ7MLIV

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Man that is a good article Slim! Cool photos too.

I liked that line "Next to prospectors, fishermen are paragons of truth." That is pure gold. And ain't it the truth?

Great post Slim!

:thumbsupanim

I knew you would like it Bob. You seem to like all my posts. Did you ever call the FBI and tell them what you know about Bonanza Creek? 

• Hmmmmmm 1

5 hours ago, Dakota Slim said:

I knew you would like it Bob. You seem to like all my posts. Did you ever call the FBI and tell them what you know about Bonanza Creek? 

Just a word of warning Slim....Bill removed the Baldwin topic after reading how you and Bob were going at each other!

• Thanks 1