Nugget Shooter Forums

Epic first day of the hunting season!

TomH

Went out today for the first time in about 5 months. WOW! What a awesome day! Just under 9 grams in 3 hrs. I hiked 3/4 mile up pizza wash and within 5 min I got the big one. It kept reversing the signal so I was not sure. I guess its just so solid it does that. The big one is 5 grams. Got the other two a little farther down the wash. Its always a good feeling when your digging and you get down to the red hardpack and then hit bedrock and the signal is still there.  Good Lord really blessed me today :)
  But, my legs are shot! Need to get back in shape from the summer hibernation. 

SAM_4386.JPG

SAM_4387.JPG

• Like 9
  • well done 8
  • wow 2

33 minutes ago, Brownnugget said:

Wow what a great opener.  I feel like I’ve heard pizza wash before but don’t remember how it got its name? Can you elaborate??

Brownie

Found a 1.25 oz flat piece initially in that wash. Looked like a pizza to me!  After that close to 5 oz in that wash. Just seems to never keep giving it up! All of them have some hematite on them. Wash is LOADED with banded ironstone so you are digging a lot of that also. But, when you know there is gold in it you just dig. Another nice thing is there is hardly any trash in it. Its a dream wash for sure. I can drive right up to the mouth of it and head in. Lots of people just drive right by it. I think once they start hitting the ironstone they give up.  :) 

allnugs.JPG

bignug.jpg

menug.JPG

pops.JPG

• Like 8
  • well done 2

14 hours ago, Brownnugget said:

Wow what a great opener.  I feel like I’ve heard pizza wash before but don’t remember how it got its name? Can you elaborate??

Brownie

Nice try Brownie! Guess you can't blame a guy for tryin' :)

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Brownnugget said:

Brownie

It's not a pizza without anchovies and I don't see them.:rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Morlock said:

It's not a pizza without anchovies and I don't see them.:rolleyes:

I hear ya! I love anchovy pizza!
Tom H. 

Well Tommy ... you had a great day.  Did any of it have anything to do with the new rains or is it just so loaded with gold no one can get it all?

Which detector were you using?  and if the 5000 ... which coil do you like for it now?

13 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Well Tommy ... you had a great day.  Did any of it have anything to do with the new rains or is it just so loaded with gold no one can get it all?

Which detector were you using?  and if the 5000 ... which coil do you like for it now?

I do think the rains helped. I could tell material was moved by a storm we had about 3 weeks ago. Not as much as one we had 2 yrs ago....that one blew out everything! So, if it moved 6 inches of gravel and put it somewhere else...it helped. :)  Im using the 5000 in Fine gold with a 9x14 EVO coil.  A VLF would be worthless in this wash with all the banded iron stone.  I know there is more gold in there in the deeper areas. Im just not too into placering it out. 

Tom H. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, adam said:

Hey Frank !  I hit a patch of yours the other day in Mohave....Why didnt you leave me anything ? !   :89: :D

Yeah Scott said he ran into u an wade back in the wooouds 😆 !

Hell I took about 6 gms of nice jewelry pieces 👁️👁️ outta there awhile ago. Time fer a new patch Adam 🤣😎 as soon as I locate one I'll send u the coords 😁

Stay safe Happy Huntn.

Puts us to shame here Tom, .54 g in 3hrs on the working end of a shovel is a good start to the day here! :D

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2021 at 2:57 AM, Morlock said:

Isn't 9 grams a day normal for you?😉

No, Its usually .00 grams a day :)
Tom H.

• Haha 1

Well, I don't know much about gold, but I've been following your thread.  About all of the gold and diamonds that I've bought ended up breaking my heart, but that's a different story.  lol.

I've been thinking.  I'm not sure about this "pizza wash", I'd change the name to Pizza Gulch, it just sounds better.

You know, I'm not sure if the wash is 5 or 10 or 100 miles long, but that gold didn't wash upstream.  And that big chunk you found, 1.25 oz, that would be a super find.  

You're out west, not sure if you're on BLM land or a reservation or what?  I won't ask.  But one thing that I was thinking about, from what I can see, if it'd be legal, could you buzz up the ditch on a 4-wheeler?  It's just like deer or elk hunting or anything else, once you get out of sight of the road, and beyond, you may have virgin ground?  

One thing that I will ask, if you get a chance post a picture of that nugget on the rock, with something to compare.  Like a Dime or something.  It's hard for me to get a feel for what you did dig up.  

Anyway, when you get a chance, get back up in there and find the rest of that slice of pizza.  Good luck.  

13 hours ago, Redsnow said:

Well, I don't know much about gold, but I've been following your thread.  About all of the gold and diamonds that I've bought ended up breaking my heart, but that's a different story.  lol.

I've been thinking.  I'm not sure about this "pizza wash", I'd change the name to Pizza Gulch, it just sounds better.

You know, I'm not sure if the wash is 5 or 10 or 100 miles long, but that gold didn't wash upstream.  And that big chunk you found, 1.25 oz, that would be a super find.  

You're out west, not sure if you're on BLM land or a reservation or what?  I won't ask.  But one thing that I was thinking about, from what I can see, if it'd be legal, could you buzz up the ditch on a 4-wheeler?  It's just like deer or elk hunting or anything else, once you get out of sight of the road, and beyond, you may have virgin ground?  

One thing that I will ask, if you get a chance post a picture of that nugget on the rock, with something to compare.  Like a Dime or something.  It's hard for me to get a feel for what you did dig up.  

Anyway, when you get a chance, get back up in there and find the rest of that slice of pizza.  Good luck.  

13 hours ago, Redsnow said:

Here is a pic of the big one and the littles under it on a dime. It is open BLM land. Cant get a quad up there. Too many obsticals/big rocks. So we hike up 3/4 mile. Not too bad. 

Tom H. 

SAM_4389.JPG

• Like 2
  • well done 1

Thanks for posting that picture.  That is very nice.  Even the smallest nugget is the size of a .22 bullet or so.  

This is all new to me, but really odd shapes and all.  

I first read your comment here at work this morning, been showing your pictures to my friends all day.  That would be super nice to find something valuable that's never before been touched by a human.  That is just so neat.  

Just happened that 3 of my detecting buds stopped by today, we were all admiring your gold.  That is a very nice find for one day, I agree that would be epic.  

Well, rest up and get back up in there, I hope you do even better on the next trip.  

• Like 3