Nugget Shooter Forums

What If???

Morlock

On 10/4/2021 at 1:14 PM, Morlock said:

Hey, who knows. Not believing in the existence of aliens is like taking a spoonful of water from an ocean and saying there aren't any sharks in the ocean because there are none in the spoon.

• Like 2

I think it would be very difficult for an advanced civilization to have existed on earth and not left a trace. 

We have ample record of the plant and animal kingdom. If an advanced civilization had colonized earth there would be some sort of evidence of that. 

It is great to imagine. There is always a place for fantasy and fiction. But until there is one shred of evidence that it happened we can safely assume there are no sharks in our spoon. And if there were sharks in our spoons they would be very tiny sharks. 

20 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

I think it would be very difficult for an advanced civilization to have existed on earth and not left a trace. 

We have ample record of the plant and animal kingdom. If an advanced civilization had colonized earth there would be some sort of evidence of that. 

It is great to imagine. There is always a place for fantasy and fiction. But until there is one shred of evidence that it happened we can safely assume there are no sharks in our spoon. And if there were sharks in our spoons they would be very tiny sharks. 

The reason I posted the article in the first place is because it made reference to an sci-fi episode that I viewed years ago..."Dr Who and The Silurians". Yes..I'm a Dr Who fan and one thing I've learned from that show and all of science fiction is.....never say never...even if there's no evidence...yet.

• Like 1