Nugget Shooter Forums

Az. State Land

Beeper Bob

I usually use the app I hike to see my location GPS on topos while off roading or roaming around the desert detecting. Here in Arizona you had better not be on State land detecting, seems to be just short of a hanging offense. Is there a I phone app that you can use, that like I hike that shows your position relative to state land boundaries. I have the ASLD parcel viewer on my phone but it is just a guesstimate as far as your where your actual position is.

Thanks Bob

• Like 1

Yep, know where you are in AZ, when beeping, parking or camping. Years ago I was camped on BLM land at LSD and someone called the sheriff on me. That person claimed I was either on private property or state land. 
My dog Nugget was just a pup then, but he was big. The sheriff came out and Nugget playfully jumped on him. The guy knew how to train dogs and as Nugget's paws were on his chest, he stepped on one of Nugget's back paws. Nugget let out a yelp and got the message. He never jumped on anyone again. 
Long story short, the sheriff got out his map and determined that I was indeed on BLM land. Then he said "Nice dog. Enjoy your stay." and left. 

• Like 2