Nugget Shooter Forums

Happy Birthday Max (Gilaoro)

Morlock

Have a good one today Max.  86 today, well you are almost up to me but I keep running a little faster than you.  Hang in there bro and maybe we can have a scooter race at the next roundup.  :olddude:

Old Tom 

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone of you guys! I don't feel to be 86 and I work at something everyday and do not hang around the TV set. Polly is still taking chemo and we are waiting on results of last scans. My oldest daughter who lost her job to the virus and her trailer to the hurricane in Louisiana has moved to AZ to get out to help us and she takes a huge load off of me, I am teaching her 4 X 4 ofroading in the 2019 Toyoa FJ Cruiser I bought . I have bought her a goldbug 3 and gettting her trained up. We are activily looking for a house to buy to get out of this restrictive mobile home community. When we do I am all geared up to start building my own verision of puffer drywashers. I am probably the last person to build a real BECK drywasher in Becks own shop using his original WW2 parts when Charlie Salwasser had bought the entire operation in Randsburg and let me have full run of the shop and parts.. He sold all the stuff to ----------- including the last one that Becks uncle had built, ------------ has never built one. and there is no patent on them or any secret except BECK had a little attachement that shook the hopper helping the material flow better.I have tried to buy the original stock of BECK parts but the owner is not willing to sell at a reasonable price although he has never built a single one from BECKS original parts, Beck used oldl bowling alley lanes for his wood which made then extremely heavy, he also used surplus ww2 aircraft ball bearings. Most buyers got rid of the handcrank and put small gas engines on them. My own design came from my experments when I was the caretaker at Stanton , while there I built my first gas dirt vaccum from an old Sears shop Vac, I had never seen one , I soon built a leaf blower type because of the weight I stared building Drywashers using a 5 gallon paint bucket cut in half for the hopper. a riffle board built with replacable riffies and a extra riffile board with a different angle for very heavy naterial , and I use light weight wood for the frame and shorter legs to make them easier to carry around. My girls bought me A ZINGER scooter to get around faster, it has an 8 mile range , turns in its own wheel base, drives like a skid loadder with 2 leavers and is very light and folds instantly to carry in a car. It don't run of road thouugh.  

• Like 2

HOT DAAUM MAX !

It sounds like you've got life by the cahoonies !

It's great to hear your busy, have some family close now, and looking forward to activities 😁😁😁.

I know Poly has had a rought time with life for many years now. Best Wishes to HER AND all of you keep us posted on your activities🤠

AN " Don't let the old man in " ! 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morlock said:

Max 

Your ZINGER scooter needs MORE POWER!!!

Steve,

Yep ,thats what I need!!!! I recently was going to ride my regular electric 12 year old PRIDE WC up the ramp to my toy hauler I had parked in the street , goosing it just as the front caster type front wheels got on the ramp I back filpped and you could hear my head thump the asphatl. I knocked me out and my daughter called the ambulance, by the time it got there I had kicked the WC it off of me and got her to cover me with a tarp because it was 110*  and I could not get up and had a huge goose egg on the back of my head. The EMTS came and got me up anf into the shade and started checking me out and of course wanted to take me to the hospital but I told them no , I am not bleeding and every time one of us goes to that hospital they discover something the regular DR's  should have found earlier! They said but you could die from a blow like that! I told them I survived my time on an aircraft carrier in the Navy, 12 years on of sea duty in the USCG , 4 1/2 years of that on the Bearing Sea patrols in Alaska and barroom fights from NOLA to the wildest indian barrooms in places they never heard of in Alaska , 3 Helo crashes and servel bad vechicle  wrecks and 600K miles in the trucking business from Mexico to Canada and east coast. So thanks for getting me in the shade an a  dose of Jack will fix me up! They left shaking their heads

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 2:21 AM, frank c said:

Happy Birthday Max 🎂🎂🎂😁

Thanks Frank, We think of you guys every day and the good times! Sorry to be so late replying I am spending most of my available time looking for a house to buy, the prices are insane but I can't stand this Mobile home park any longer , They have had 3 new managers in 5 months , you won't beleive it but they told me I had to have special permission to park my electric wheel chair in my carport , you are only allowed a bicyle and a BBQ pit and car.

I mentioned the ACL and a lawyer and they sent me a permit , they operate on the NATZI German system , they reward neaghibors who report you if you violate the rules and it is all anomous so they wont tell you who complained. I have to leave here before it is to late.

Max

• Like 1

On 9/29/2021 at 5:13 PM, pondmn said:

Hope you had a great day Max!!

Thanks pondman ! 

How is your area doing with the fires and virus ?  I saw the first bucnch out prospecting this weekend I have saw in months. I keep an eye on the Little San Domingo area N of here , saw 7 people prospecting and 4 just driving and thats a crowd now days. Lots of businesses closed in this little burg!

On 9/29/2021 at 1:06 PM, Bedrock Bob said:

Happy birthday Max!

Happy birthday Max!

Happy birthday Max!

Thanks Bob! Hows the housing market over your way ? I have to move, Anything that  I could afford over here is outrageous !

On 9/29/2021 at 12:28 PM, Old Tom said:

Have a good one today Max.  86 today, well you are almost up to me but I keep running a little faster than you.  Hang in there bro and maybe we can have a scooter race at the next roundup.  :olddude:

Old Tom 

My racing days are over I guess , I spent 15 years in Baja never missed a 1000 and worked in many of them as support , those where some wild times and wild people , my guess is that those times will never return in mine or your times or anyone elses for many more years. One of my racing friends and I shared birthdays and he would find me no matter how far back n the wilds I was and bring out a quart of tequila, break off the neck ( you never unscrewed the cap in BAJA) and we would finish it ! Cured my FLU 1 year I was so hung over the Flu did not have a chance of surviving.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gilaoro2 said:

Thanks Bob! Hows the housing market over your way ? I have to move, Anything that  I could afford over here is outrageous !

Las Cruces is always a nice spot to be Max. And things are a bit less expensive here than elsewhere. But there are very few homes less than $250k. 

You can land out in the sticks in a trailer house for $125k. Maybe a couple acres of scrub brush to call home. You will need a couple junk cars to decorate your yard to fit in. 

It's not too wild on the outskirts. There are some mighty rough rascals in the colonias now days but they are generally a respectable bunch that aren't a threat to anyone except themselves.

I worry a lot more about the law down here than my neighbors. It is getting ridiculous. You can't swing a dead cat around without hitting a cop with it. And they are a rough looking bunch too. You can't leave town without going through that federal checkpoint either. It's a bit of a police state but other than that it is a fine place to live.

It's a good place to live on the cheap. You can still get a good meal at a food truck for $8. My electric bill is $30. Weed is cheap. As long as you can live on tortillas, beans and green chile you can be pretty happy here.

6 hours ago, Gilaoro2 said:

Thanks , How is the art market with this virus ?

Tough as nails, shi...ete hard to sell anything! I refuse to come any lower than 20% royalty. The way I see it, I'm on Social Security and they don't like it, they need not buy anything. Copied a number of my old color film prints from Arizona. The acrylic triptych sets are or were being printed in Arizona. Enlargements on Kodak paper, think at the Nevada Zazzle plant. Some things made Quebec Canada. These companies get so big, almost like Redbubble which is out of Australia.

Edited by Red_desert

I love the Mitry Lake Mt. ,the quartzsite one too but my SS dosen't cover them , I had a couple of oils that were painted by a guy that signed his work with a cowoy hat , they were of Sandra Day O'Conors ranch painted when she was still in highschool. The old lady that had them got them as an inherentance,she liked me and I did lots of repair work on her place and never charged her, told her it was left overs from another job. She left them to me saying that she knew better about the stuff I did for her. I always figured they would be worth something but they burned with my place and the photos too!

There is a Navajo artist from Farmington, NM. I've followed him for some time on FB. Done a lot of commenting on his work and usually responds saying Thank You!  Right now sales are taking off on the sand paintings, especially around Arizona... starting to do art shows there soon. Navajo sand paintings are doing quite well, in spite of the pandemic.

I'd love to do some paintings like his, but somewhere read there are laws to protect Natives arts & crafts.

Yes, Mittry Lake is a nice area. Plenty of bird watchers were around the lake with their scopes set up on a tripod.

Edited by Red_desert