Nugget Shooter Forums

Today was a good day

Nice poke Bill! Yup. The weather is starting to cooperate..............FINALLY! :)
Tom H. 

When digging all signals, the average beginning nugget hunter will dig, maybe hundreds of trash targets before finding gold, (so they say) Hopefully, at some point you will be able to pick up on a slightly different - softer or harsher) sound between small iron and gold depending on what detector you are using.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, brownb56 said:

Thought about buying a small nugget off of ebay as a test nugget. But that just seems to take the fun out of it. Will just keep digging every target I find.

Actually having a small test nugget is a very good idea, even many veterans detectorists used test nuggets to fine tune their settings, but don't buy off eBay, post in the classifieds here, I'm sure someone will hook you up with a better deal!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brownb56 said:

Thought about buying a small nugget off of ebay as a test nugget. But that just seems to take the fun out of it. Will just keep digging every target I find.

Not a bad idea, its perfectly ok to buy a test nugget. Also a small lead fishing weight or shotgun pellet smashed flat with a hammer will sound just like gold

• Like 3

I vote for the small piece of lead. Maybe the size of a .22 bullet cut in half for starters or whatever your detector will hear at 3-5 inches. If it's small enough and not too flat, it should give a softer signal than the iron trash that you posted. If you do decide to buy a test nugget, make sure you glue it to a poker chip or secure it in some fashion so you don't lose it. 

• Like 2