Nugget Shooter Forums

I use them for hunting coins and relics but not for nugget hunting. For one, its just another thing to carry and for two, they really dont work well on small or specimen type gold if it has just a little amount of gold in it. Once you learn pinpointing with your coil, its just as fast. Just my opinion though!!

• Like 3

Just now, nugget108 said:

I use them for hunting coins and relics but not for nugget hunting. For one, its just another thing to carry and for two, they really dont work well on small or specimen type gold if it has just a little amount of gold in it. Once you learn pinpointing with your coil, its just as fast. Just my opinion though!!

Until you smack a huge nugget with the end of your pick...:ROFL: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nugget108 said:

Yea I figured that's how it worked. I will be doing coins and relics but let me play with the detector first and see  it goes.

Thanks

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Relichunter2016 said:

Until you smack a huge nugget with the end of your pick...:ROFL: 

You are 100% correct on that!! I hit a really big specimen one time. Luckily it was uglier than all get out or i would have definitely been sick. It was just host rock with ugly iron stained quartz. I crushed it anyway but i couldn't imagine if it was a beautiful solid nugget or milky white quartz.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nugget108 said:

You are 100% correct on that!! I hit a really big specimen one time. Luckily it was uglier than all get out or i would have definitely been sick. It was just host rock with ugly iron stained quartz. I crushed it anyway but i couldn't imagine if it was a beautiful solid nugget or milky white quartz.

That imagination came to life for me many years ago with a solid  multi ouncer....needless to say I am to this day bummed about it. So these days I do have a pinpointer so when I come close to a target I suspect to be a nugget I slow down and dig it out carefully not like a lumberjack in a tree cutting contest. 

• Like 3
  • wow 1