Jump to content
Nugget Shooter Forums

Recommended Posts

I use them for hunting coins and relics but not for nugget hunting. For one, its just another thing to carry and for two, they really dont work well on small or specimen type gold if it has just a little amount of gold in it. Once you learn pinpointing with your coil, its just as fast. Just my opinion though!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, nugget108 said:

I use them for hunting coins and relics but not for nugget hunting. For one, its just another thing to carry and for two, they really dont work well on small or specimen type gold if it has just a little amount of gold in it. Once you learn pinpointing with your coil, its just as fast. Just my opinion though!!

Until you smack a huge nugget with the end of your pick...:ROFL: 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nugget108 said:

I use them for hunting coins and relics but not for nugget hunting. For one, its just another thing to carry and for two, they really dont work well on small or specimen type gold if it has just a little amount of gold in it. Once you learn pinpointing with your coil, its just as fast. Just my opinion though!!

Yea I figured that's how it worked. I will be doing coins and relics but let me play with the detector first and see  it goes.

Thanks

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Relichunter2016 said:

Until you smack a huge nugget with the end of your pick...:ROFL: 

You are 100% correct on that!! I hit a really big specimen one time. Luckily it was uglier than all get out or i would have definitely been sick. It was just host rock with ugly iron stained quartz. I crushed it anyway but i couldn't imagine if it was a beautiful solid nugget or milky white quartz.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, nugget108 said:

You are 100% correct on that!! I hit a really big specimen one time. Luckily it was uglier than all get out or i would have definitely been sick. It was just host rock with ugly iron stained quartz. I crushed it anyway but i couldn't imagine if it was a beautiful solid nugget or milky white quartz.

That imagination came to life for me many years ago with a solid  multi ouncer....needless to say I am to this day bummed about it. So these days I do have a pinpointer so when I come close to a target I suspect to be a nugget I slow down and dig it out carefully not like a lumberjack in a tree cutting contest. 

  • Like 3
  • wow 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...