Nugget Shooter Forums

Big "D" from AZ (Az Digger)

Hey everyone, Don from down here in Southeast Arizona, near Tombstone and Bisbee and all those old cool places with lots of great history.

I have been watching Bill a while now, and so I decided to head on over and say hello. 

I love being outdoors. I am a huge BBQ fanatic (as evidenced in my 8 grills), but just love being outdoors in general. I started prospecting back in the 80's in Panama (the country not Florida) where we used to hit the Charges river at Fort San Lorenzo and hunt for old Spanish coins and glass beads from the Galleons. In dry season we would hit the El Camino Real too ( it's only available in dry season when the rain stops and the lake level drops). Another thing we did was dive on the old french construction town sites looking for old french era bottles, and just cool stuff like that.

I came back here to AZ around 1995, and have been on the hunt for that Gold ever since.

I am going to go explore the forums now, hope to make some friends along the way.

Regards,

"D"

• Like 4

Hey Welcome ! 

In the days past I had some access to Fort huachuca area, out the west gare and the first wash crossing was some good dry washing, last time I passed through the area it was closed. The Hereford area has some history and some excellent Scheelite species if you can get access , good luck !

29 minutes ago, Gilaoro2 said:

Hey Welcome ! 

In the days past I had some access to Fort huachuca area, out the west gare and the first wash crossing was some good dry washing, last time I passed through the area it was closed. The Hereford area has some history and some excellent Scheelite species if you can get access , good luck !

Yea Fort Huachuca is off limits completely now days for a few reasons. It's an historic site, and there are a lot of unexploded ordinances. They will put you in the pokey if they catch you prospecting in any way, shape or form.

However, our club has claims in Ash Canyon, there is gold in there still, ya just have to know how to get it. Plus there are lots of great historic areas around here to go.

• Like 1