Nugget Shooter Forums

Help with ID of possible gold discovery...

Hello I've been prospecting for the past couple years and im still learning through trial and error. I've got a lot of time and effort and money invested into finding gold and meteorites and I'm pretty sure I've gotten gold fever...i would like to think I'm pretty knowledgeable but like I said...still learning... i found this forum aand thought it would be a good way to connect with others who have been bit by the gold bug..i hope I don't aggravate any of you guys with my "silly questions" i might ask while trying to get my facts and knowledge on Gold up a few notches.....My name is Jeremy and I'm in Virginia finding some nice specimens of Crystalline gold, some placer gold, ironstone with lots and lots of gold flake all through it..a piece the size of a baseball weighs 2-3 pounds..heavy..does not stick to a magnet and leaves a golden yellow streak on unglazed tile..I'm finding gold in quartz,  hard rock gold, in schist rock in granite...gold everywhere it seems... I'm a full time self prospector..I would love to be exploring and getting paid for doing so but I can wish in one hand and....well u know the rest... anyways I'm always on the hunt and hopefully it will pay off financially one day, but hey, even if it dont...I'll keep on doing what I love and loving what I do..sometimes I'm gold hunting and sometimes I'm in the woods looking for ginseng, Indian artifacts, fossils, meteorites, ect..ive probably got a collection most people wouldn't believe..i also would like to sell some of my collection and get some new prospecting tools like metal detectors and gas money for prospecting so if you see something I post and might be interested in buying one or two of my finds just ask me about it...im not trying to get top dollar im just trying to get by..but I'll be happy to gain knowledge from you guys, knowledge is considered currency if you ask me...I love to learn about all kinds of discovery tactics and nature in general...

I'm going to post a few pics of a couple of my finds from today and I'm hoping I can get a better idea of what I have from some of you guys...I think I've found gold but I know I'm full of wishful thinking so I'm needing some help from you guys.. I am thankful for any input, opinions, or criticism. Looking forward to seeing what you'all think of my daily discoverys. I'll post all the cool finds if anyone is even interested in what I find.. thanks again and good luck to all.

I don't see any gold. I see what I believe is mica schist in one series of photos. Not sure what the other series of photos show.

You need to take better photos in indirect natural light.

17 hours ago, Discoverlover78 said:

Hello I've been prospecting for the past couple years and im still learning through trial and error. I've got a lot of time and effort and money invested into finding gold and meteorites and I'm pretty sure I've gotten gold fever...i would like to think I'm pretty knowledgeable but like I said...still learning... i found this forum aand thought it would be a good way to connect with others who have been bit by the gold bug..i hope I don't aggravate any of you guys with my "silly questions" i might ask while trying to get my facts and knowledge on Gold up a few notches.....My name is Jeremy and I'm in Virginia finding some nice specimens of Crystalline gold, some placer gold, ironstone with lots and lots of gold flake all through it..a piece the size of a baseball weighs 2-3 pounds..heavy..does not stick to a magnet and leaves a golden yellow streak on unglazed tile..I'm finding gold in quartz,  hard rock gold, in schist rock in granite...gold everywhere it seems... I'm a full time self prospector..I would love to be exploring and getting paid for doing so but I can wish in one hand and....well u know the rest... anyways I'm always on the hunt and hopefully it will pay off financially one day, but hey, even if it dont...I'll keep on doing what I love and loving what I do..sometimes I'm gold hunting and sometimes I'm in the woods looking for ginseng, Indian artifacts, fossils, meteorites, ect..ive probably got a collection most people wouldn't believe..i also would like to sell some of my collection and get some new prospecting tools like metal detectors and gas money for prospecting so if you see something I post and might be interested in buying one or two of my finds just ask me about it...im not trying to get top dollar im just trying to get by..but I'll be happy to gain knowledge from you guys, knowledge is considered currency if you ask me...I love to learn about all kinds of discovery tactics and nature in general...

I'm going to post a few pics of a couple of my finds from today and I'm hoping I can get a better idea of what I have from some of you guys...I think I've found gold but I know I'm full of wishful thinking so I'm needing some help from you guys.. I am thankful for any input, opinions, or criticism. Looking forward to seeing what you'all think of my daily discoverys. I'll post all the cool finds if anyone is even interested in what I find.. thanks again and good luck to all.

Welcome to the forum Jeremy!

There is gold in Virginia and I have a few friends who live up there that find gold often, I also have a little bit of Virginia gold, where in general in Virginia are you finding gold?

That being said, I see no discernible or visible gold in any of your photos.

What tests have you done to know that there is gold within these rocks, have you had an assay done on any of them, crush any of them and pan out some gold?