Nugget Shooter Forums

Hurricane Ida

1 hour ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Move to Arizona :4chsmu1:

I went through several hurricanes when I lived in South Florida. If they don't blow your house down, they do cause flooding, knock out the power and block the roads with trees and other debris. It can take weeks to restore electric and phone service. Everything in the refrigerator goes bad and it's hot and humid. The stores and gas stations are all closed. It is NOT fun.

I live just north of Savannah Ga. and I have lived here for 46 years, I have to deal with these storms almost every year to some degree, I have several generators for when the power fails, I make sure I have all my vehicles fill up with gas and at least 25 gallons of gas for my generators and chainsaws before any storm landfalls, plenty of food and I have a well for water but also keep bottled water just in case.

For the last 23 years I have lived on my land that's 24' above sea level, not near any marshes or rivers and about 20 miles inland and haven't evacuated since moving here and my land has never flooded nor has the general area and I have weathered many storms so far on this piece of land.

The only thing that would affect me greatly from these storms would be a tornado, but they can get you anywhere if it's your time to go or get hit by one. 

• Like 4

On 8/29/2021 at 2:44 PM, Au Seeker said:

I live just north of Savannah Ga. and I have lived here for 46 years, I have to deal with these storms almost every year to some degree, I have several generators for when the power fails, I make sure I have all my vehicles fill up with gas and at least 25 gallons of gas for my generators and chainsaws before any storm landfalls, plenty of food and I have a well for water but also keep bottled water just in case.

For the last 23 years I have lived on my land that's 24' above sea level, not near any marshes or rivers and about 20 miles inland and haven't evacuated since moving here and my land has never flooded nor has the general area and I have weathered many storms so far on this piece of land.

The only thing that would affect me greatly from these storms would be a tornado, but they can get you anywhere if it's your time to go or get hit by one. 

Sometimes, I miss that part of the world. Preparedness is key.

• Like 2