Nugget Shooter Forums

Interesting Video SDC-Gpx 5000-Gpx 6000 comparison

Mike C...

Every test is different as to how where and when and especially experience of the operator. In the field testing is always somewhat better but..... There is a good reason I do not do comparison tests and if you look at some of these same folks recent videos you will see why. Always best to ask folks you know that have them or try one yourself, many of us have a unit we are willing to let someone try for themselves. Cheers...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Every test is different as to how where and when and especially experience of the operator. In the field testing is always somewhat better but..... There is a good reason I do not do comparison tests and if you look at some of these same folks recent videos you will see why. Always best to ask folks you know that have them or try one yourself, many of us have a unit we are willing to let someone try for themselves. Cheers...

Hi Bill I always like to see the cons as well as the pro's :pop:-Im also one of those that like to air test a beeper as well-I know most say there not accurate but the way I see it is if it cant see it in the air then it sure as hell aint going to see it in the ground-keep the vids coming :inocent:-Thx :200:

23 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Hi Bill I always like to see the cons as well as the pro's :pop:-Im also one of those that like to air test a beeper as well-I know most say there not accurate but the way I see it is if it cant see it in the air then it sure as hell aint going to see it in the ground-keep the vids coming :inocent:-Thx :200:

You are welcome to give one a try Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seeing these videos, Just curious, believe Billy made a comment awhile back if one had a high dollar detector, would it be worth it to sell and replace with the 6000? I'm not going to quote cause I don't remember exact verbage. We did a test several years ago using Patrick's tool to give a pretty good indication of a known weight, at a known depth in pretty much undisturbed ground. Our test was a 1/2 gram nugget (lead) at 16". Ground was pretty neutral. There were several different detectors used in the test including a 5000, a couple of 7000s, and 2 of woody's modded detectors. Billy's was I believe a 3000? and my 4500. The modded detectors sounded off loud on the target and others didn't hear it or barely. Granted the modded detectors have more adjustment options to make 'perfect' where as it sounds like the 6000 is turn on and go. So that may be a negative. Not trying to cut the 6000; back in the day, I'd probably bought one (just don't get out enough anymore to justify). Just curious Billy's thoughts cause he had a modded detector.

Hi Shep, I sold my trusty modded 3500 after some testing against the 3500 and also have hunted together with the feller that bought it Leigh and he agrees and  I have dug several .22 lead etc. at that depth with other along. I am liking this 6000 better than any of my previous Minelab PI detectors and I have owned every one of them over the years as I feel obligated to tell folks what I think before they buy. Some folks have had trouble with EMI when new to this detector, but I can quickly cure this issue for them with some advise and or training. It is a whole new technology and needs to be learned like all other PI detectors and is not simply "turn on and go" but close...

• Like 1