Nugget Shooter Forums

Has the 6000 changed your setup?

The new GPX6000 is a dream to use lite weight and quick setup, but despite the ability to shed the extra gear I find myself just swapping the detector (7000) and keeping most everything else. I need a place to hang my pick and my scoop, I prefer ear buds to anything else and Bose has the sound I like the sport types are comfortable all day long and this also lets me use the SP01 with a blue tooth receiver this again to me is a vast improvement in sound quality over headphones plugged into it directly. I have not tried the supplied wireless headphones probably I’ll give them a shot, but I find headphones uncomfortable even when it’s not hot.

I’m even stuck with the guide arm, granted the 6000 is easy to swing but the guide arm allows so much more slow coil control I prefer to keep it, the bungee is the least useful when using the 11” coil in fact it almost adds to the load so if I use it at all it’s just there loose to hang the 6000 on if I am taking a break.

this is my current setup, pick between my shoulder blades on a super magnet.

Anyone else stuck with bad habits, lol.

E5DD3BCE-581B-4110-8E86-FBD8DE840440.jpeg3142BD47-894A-41CB-8312-747EF8C73CC2.jpeg

• Like 2

I was wondering about the guide arm...really like the coil control it gives on the 7000, so good idea on the 6000 too. Otherwise I’ll probably hunt too fast; going to try out my new 6000 next week!

Yeah I am down to just sticking my scoop in my back pocket, finds bottle in my top pocket, pick over shoulder and detector in the other.  The external speaker is so loud that you only need to have it set at one or two. I can get out and detect in a matter of minutes now instead of having to pack everything up like I used to.

Art, no need for the pinpointer.  The 17x13 might want a guide arm.

• Like 2

Almost a pro, Afreakofnature.  Once you ditch that scoop and just finger those nuggets out the dirt you'll be there :D

But honestly a scoop is nice when I remember to bring it.  Packs are necessary for the hike in spots, otherwise Im a gear minimalist myself.

Edited by wes
  • Like 2

Hey Wes, I can't use gloves and use a scoop. Sissy that I am, I've dug up scorpions with my scoop at RH. You're the man! ;-)

I hunt like a ninja now.  I love it. Super lightweight pack with phone, snacks, water, gloves.  Scoop side or back pocket.  Don’t where gloves unless I need them.  The 6000’s headphones are a 100x more comfortable than the 7000’s in my opinion.  I might add a guid arm after my next couple of trips.  Over all loving the new set up👍🏻.

Brownie 

• Like 1