Nugget Shooter Forums

Where's The Nuggets?

A25CBB50-AD16-4C75-B9F1-C959D42E2AE5.jpeg

I haven't been out in the hills too often lately, what with working lots of overtime at my summer job, road and area closures due to forest fires and such; in fact, I can still count on one hand the number of outings with the new GPX 6000, and only a few hours each time at that. Pictured above is what I have found so far, just going over spots I have thoroughly gridded with previous ML PIs, the GPZ 7000, Nox, GM 1000, and couldn't find any more targets. 5.2 grams total. It's what I have come to expect from Minelab over the years: new technology + old patch = more gold.

• Like 13
  • well done 2

Needs to cool off up here for us northern chubby folks Bill!! Weve been 100 degrees for a while now. We aren't quite use to it being this hot for so many weeks. After it cools down i will head out.

• Like 3

Nice Lunk and I am doing the same thing, killing it in beat up patches. I can’t wait for cooler weather to hit some of my better areas. 

I am going to try the 17 inch coil out tomorrow for a bit after I get Tammy going on her 6000

• Like 1

WTG Lunk :) Nothing to show here :idunno:-Wish I could go out and hunt-I havent been out in over a year and a half I've been unable to:tisk-tisk:-Bill wow 2 6000's what-did hit the lotto or something ????-To rich for my blood-IMO not enough gold being found-a few here and a couple there not enough to justify the price tag for me-besides it would just sit in a corner collectng dust like my other beepers have been doing :arrowheadsmiley: :200:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nugget Shooter said:

I am going to try the 17 inch coil out tomorrow for a bit after I get Tammy going on her 6000

Hope you get to shoot some footage of a decent lump at depth with your 17”, Bill. Looking forward to patch hunting with one during next fall and winter’s desert prospecting season, if they’re  available by then.

46 minutes ago, Mike C... said:

Wish I could go out and hunt-I havent been out in over a year and a half I've been unable to:tisk-tisk:

Been there, Mike...nothing worse than having gold fever and cabin fever at the same time.

Edited by Lunk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Lunk said:

Been there, Mike...nothing worse than having gold fever and cabin fever at the same time.

I was in the hospital for 6 days in Feb 2020 and I havent been the same since-so with all this covid crap going around getting treatment for other things has been slow going-hopefully after next month I might be able to get out and do something once again :tisk-tisk: :200:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mike C... said:

I was in the hospital for 6 days in Feb 2020 and I havent been the same since-so with all this covid crap going around getting treatment for other things has been slow going-hopefully after next month I might be able to get out and do something once again :tisk-tisk: :200:

Haven't had the time to prospect since early spring as I’ve been bringing a family member to distant 3-hr appointments 5 days a week. So instead of waiting in the car for them to finish,  I’ve taken to coin shooting for the first time and doing in-depth learning exercises with using my Nox. Trying to make the best of my idle time and am learning and doing something new. Hope you can do it soon, it has been surprisingly fun and rewarding!

• Like 3

Here’s a few little guys to look at. The ones on the coil were found in an old patch with the 6000 was surprised because I had worked it with a gm 1000,gpx 5000 and a gpz 7000 . Was very happy with the 6000 did pretty good for its first time out. Now all’s I need is an extra battery and my cover to get in from docs.

stephen,

8F696821-FE00-4EBB-AD4F-0FD86099E980.jpeg

• Like 9
  • well done 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from northern Nevada where a friend and I were trying out our new gpx 6000s on some very hammered patches. These areas have been hit hard by 5000s, sdc’s, and 7000s. He hunted 3 days for 6.2 grams, and I got 2.4g in 2 1/2 days. Pretty happy with the 6000, though I really miss the built-in gps on the 7000.

6DC434D0-9ABF-411B-B361-C435E1AF45EC.jpegA09475B3-37D0-4F84-A452-40F3E3664696.jpeg

• Like 8
  • well done 1

I am still on the band wagon of why spend 6K for the next latest a greatest sliced bread machine

I guarantee if we are all being honest, we can all go back to the patch or nugget location where we found gold before and find targets that were missed the day we found the first piece with any other machine than the one we were swinging initially when we found the nugget.... 

I know if I said I got it all I would be lying.

I agree with you Fishing- Ive been hunting some patches for over 25 years and still manage to pop a few from them-I havent seen a video yet with the 6000 that my 5000 couldnt of found :nutty: :200: PS- But ill have to admit I do like the design and the simplicity of the new 6000-but for me not worth the 6 bones :pop:

Edited by Mike C...

On 8/19/2021 at 7:52 PM, fishing8046 said:

I am still on the band wagon of why spend 6K for the next latest a greatest sliced bread machine

I guarantee if we are all being honest, we can all go back to the patch or nugget location where we found gold before and find targets that were missed the day we found the first piece with any other machine than the one we were swinging initially when we found the nugget.... 

I know if I said I got it all I would be lying.

"Any other machine than the one we were swinging initially?"

Years ago, I might have agreed with you, (kinda) I do believe it might be a bit of a strech though to just say, "Any" There are so many variables nowadays in how different machines and settings react to ground conditions. 

Missing a nugget because you missed it is quite different than missing a nugget because your detector missed it, 

But of course you're right. Nobody get's it all. 

• Like 3

Lots of factors can lead to missed gold-operator error-going to fast-temp-angle of target-moisture  in ground-EMI-humidity-settings and many more Maybe another factor is people have been running the older beepers wrong and now along comes the fully auto 6 k just like the GM 1000 helped alot of people find gold because of the auto features-Ive been skunked at patches one time and found gold the next time in the same areas with the same beeper and wonder why I didnt find it before :idunno::200:

Edited by Mike C...
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Lots of factors can lead to missed gold-operator error-going to fast-temp-angle of target-moisture  in ground-EMI-humidity-settings and many more Maybe another factor is people have been running the older beepers wrong and now along comes the fully auto 6 k just like the GM 1000 helped alot of people find gold because of the auto features-Ive been skunked at patches one time and found gold the next time in the same areas with the same beeper and wonder why I didnt find it before :idunno::200:

It is not "fully Auto Only" Mike and most of us are running it in manual sensitivity settings and it must be kept properly balanced and at the right sensitivity as with any other PI detector. When in full "auto" it works great, but there is more sensitivity running a threshold (you can turn it off or on) and using manual sensitivity settings. As I mentioned before, reading posts and watching videos made by others (adding the variables) is not the way to determine how well a detector works and if one has not tried this detector themselves in the field they are simply echoing someone else's words and judging based on other peoples opinion only. Just saying....

True on being able to go to a patch and get more gold with any detector and we all have done that, but this one is different and I am finding more gold per trip now than I have for a long time and it is a blast.

• Like 4

Remember you are not forced to buy anything.  If you want the latest, get it.  If not don’t.  Some people like old cars some like new.  Same concept.  I look at the detector like a computer, if you want the latest tech that has a faster processor, that is more efficient, buy it.  We upgrade our phones way more often, some see the benefits, others can’t.

• Like 5