Nugget Shooter Forums

Where's The Nuggets?

Wow that's a stretch! There is no Intel Core I 7 in this the guts of this machine would not even compare to an I phone

1 hour ago, fishing8046 said:

Wow that's a stretch! There is no Intel Core I 7 in this the guts of this machine would not even compare to an I phone

It's all good no need to nit pic my friend, seriously I am not being a d..., Cheers Why ya care about something ya don't want? Let us have fun with it and do your thing :barnie:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, fishing8046 said:

Have you opened one?  There like 7 processors in there.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nugget Shooter said:

It's all good no need to nit pic my friend, seriously I am not being a d..., Cheers Why ya care about something ya don't want? Let us have fun with it and do your thing :barnie:

Thanks for your reply Bill 

Here is the real crux of the matter, because it happens with the release of every single new metal detecting machine.

I truly appreciate you and the forum entertaining my comments.

Every new machine is billed as the latest greatest better than sliced bread right?

Well I see it as salesmanship by the detector dealers. I realize that your market is small. I just think good honest folks should have both sides of the issue when investing 6K.

Bill what is your take on selling this new machine?

Bill, With all of your video's it would be hard for some one at a distance (looking in) lacking the skills those who truly find gold posses to quantitate what would be required.  

There has been more than a few new detectors that the very next year a better detector comes out and it is said to find the gold the previous detector couldn't. 

I have previously stated my case on missed gold.. I realize your rebuttal sided with the ability of the new 6000 ability to adjust automatically. 

If you have purchased a Mine lab and don't know how to adjust it by now please send me an email and I will purchase the machine from you for a fraction of what you paid. 

Let's look at the lineage. 2100,2200.3500 4500, *4800, 5000 and of course the real deal the Mine Lab 7000(The only issue with this machine is the weight) and of course now the automatic Minelab 6000K

Each one was the new latest greatest sliced bread will find the gold in your previously hammered patch others have missed. (The Minelab 7000 can truly back this up)

On the VHF detector level: The Gold Monster while good in most instances does not equal the Gold Bug 2 or the lesser known Mine Lab Equinox. The manual auto tune is it's down fall. 

in my mind the Fisher Gold Bug Pro was the a total farce in the claimed ability of the detector and what it could deliver. This detector was sold as the replacement for the Gold Bug 2. To this day the Gold Bug 2 will out preform any other VHF detector including the Gold Monster.

Learning the Gold Bug 2 machine is an investment into finding gold metal with any detector. 

The Mine Lab 800 Equinox is the closest VHF I have seen to the Gold Bug 2 if you can distinguish the readings on the display  

Bill

Here is a question if Mine lab plans on introducing the Minelab 6500 in the next year or so with all of the issues with the current machine would your reviews still make a case for folks to jump into the hobby at 6K or but this machine as a replacement to any other machine they are currently finding success with?

On 8/22/2021 at 5:39 PM, fishing8046 said:

If its finding what it does now, can you imagine if it was even more sophisticated? Minelab technology is top notch! There is not another company that even comes close to the technology they put into their products, PI or VLF. I love my GoldBug2, but its ancient technology. Quit being a hater, and move on. Not a single person on here is trying to get you to buy one.

• Like 2

Thank you Nugget108 

Nugget108

They are selling the here and now not the can you imagine. The GPX5000 will find the same.

But others are being influenced by what is posted here. Just wanted to level the information being cast.

So don't buy one.  Didn’t realize we need Consumer Affairs on a detecting forum.  I ditched my 7k for the 6k and havn’t regretted it.  Thanks for looking out for the stupid folk who follow blindly fishing8046. 🤦‍♂️ Cmon you don’t think people can make up their own minds and decisions based on information presented.  Minelab will make improvements as tech increases, all tech companies do.  Its up to you if choose to use 7 year old tech or the latest.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, fishing8046 said:

Thanks for your reply Bill 

Here is the real crux of the matter, because it happens with the release of every single new metal detecting machine.

I truly appreciate you and the forum entertaining my comments.

Every new machine is billed as the latest greatest better than sliced bread right?

Well I see it as salesmanship by the detector dealers. I realize that your market is small. I just think good honest folks should have both sides of the issue when investing 6K.

Bill what is your take on selling this new machine?

Bill, With all of your video's it would be hard for some one at a distance (looking in) lacking the skills those who truly find gold posses to quantitate what would be required.  

There has been more than a few new detectors that the very next year a better detector comes out and it is said to find the gold the previous detector couldn't. 

I have previously stated my case on missed gold.. I realize your rebuttal sided with the ability of the new 6000 ability to adjust automatically. 

If you have purchased a Mine lab and don't know how to adjust it by now please send me an email and I will purchase the machine from you for a fraction of what you paid. 

Let's look at the lineage. 2100,2200.3500 4500, *4800, 5000 and of course the real deal the Mine Lab 7000(The only issue with this machine is the weight) and of course now the automatic Minelab 6000K

Each one was the new latest greatest sliced bread will find the gold in your previously hammered patch others have missed. (The Minelab 7000 can truly back this up)

On the VHF detector level: The Gold Monster while good in most instances does not equal the Gold Bug 2 or the lesser known Mine Lab Equinox. The manual auto tune is it's down fall. 

in my mind the Fisher Gold Bug Pro was the a total farce in the claimed ability of the detector and what it could deliver. This detector was sold as the replacement for the Gold Bug 2. To this day the Gold Bug 2 will out preform any other VHF detector including the Gold Monster.

Learning the Gold Bug 2 machine is an investment into finding gold metal with any detector. 

The Mine Lab 800 Equinox is the closest VHF I have seen to the Gold Bug 2 if you can distinguish the readings on the display  

Bill

Here is a question if Mine lab plans on introducing the Minelab 6500 in the next year or so with all of the issues with the current machine would your reviews still make a case for folks to jump into the hobby at 6K or but this machine as a replacement to any other machine they are currently finding success with?

Sir, I am sorry to have to say that your obvious personal bias and flat out factual errors in your tirade, is what stands out most in your rant, not your imaginary contribution to, "leveling the information being cast"  It takes very little effort to search the internet and find videos and reviews of nugget hunters who are having successful experiences with the GPX 6000. Look at the Aussie users who are on U-Tube and other venues. These are not salesmen, but people who make a living with detectors. There are many of us out here that love the GB2 also. I used a GB2 exclusively before my first PI but I don't solely depend on it anymore in places where I know that there is a better tool for the job.

Whether you agree or disagree, I believe that there is a very good reason that the GPX 6000 came out with the improvements that it has, and it would seem that a bit of reflection on your part could answer the question without your being overtly offensive and appearing to go out of your way to insult the host . . .

• Like 1
  • well done 1

Here’s my first gold I ever detected using a Gold Monster along with some from drywashing - the larger clumps were recovered by raking and detecting with the GM.  The final take was about .54g total. 

9C21E336-D6FC-4AAA-891C-E1AAE97E5EAC.jpeg

I did the newby mistake after finding this and got hooked on “a better machine will get more gold”, but I didn’t know about the important part yet… effort and location.  So when I finally figured it out and saw the light, I sold my 7000, not for getting the 6000, but for the fact that I realized that my lifestyle and free time didnt match up with being the type of detectorist that could justify having such an expensive machine. I am rather limited in location most of the time and the gold here is VLF-sized and relatively more scarce than in other locations.  So when I do get to go out, the Nox and GM are pretty good choices for me. Finding a bit here and there with them on local weekend outings is pretty fun, and I don’t have to worry about the investment as much, as it’s only a hobby for me. I was going to sell one of my VLF’s along with my GPZ to simplify the collection, but finally decided to just sell the 7000 and keep both VLF’s so I can share one with a guest when I bring friends or family along.  That was a good choice as I still find gold with the Nox and my brother had a load of fun with the GM. Best part of all this is I am not pushed to have to make the hobby pay off the  investment.

Edited by GotAU?
  • Like 5
  • well done 1

9 hours ago, GotAU? said:

Best part of all this is I am not pushed to have to make the hobby pay off the  investment.

Nice gold GotAu!!  They gotta be cleaned to bring the shinny out. :m2c: But! Gold is gold. . . no matter what it looks like. . .  Congrats!

Personally, I have ever felt pushed to pay for an investment of the hobby I enjoy.  You buy what you can afford and as you wisely stated. . . "I am rather limited in location most of the time and the gold here is VLF-sized and relatively more scarce than in other locations."   You buy what suits the area in-which you plan to detect.  Finding enough gold or coin's is indeed a bonus to the hobby, but definitely not as important as enjoying the time out in the fresh air and beauty of the country side and the enjoyment of the friends I'm with.. 

Thanks for the work you do in teaching and volunteering for various outdoor groups. Not enough can be said to those who take their time in helping others enjoy Gods gift of the outdoors.  Respects

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, fishing8046 said:

Thank you Nugget108 

Nugget108

They are selling the here and now not the can you imagine. The GPX5000 will find the same.

But others are being influenced by what is posted here. Just wanted to level the information being cast.

It will not.... Period. You are just flat out wrong and have never had one in your hands to make ANY judgement. You are basing your "facts" on nothing if you have not even tried the detector simple as that. I am showing and telling my experiences and yes I am a dealer , but as said MANY non-dealer 6000 owners that have previously owned other Minelab PI detectors are saying the same. If you think I am lying to sell detectors great for you, but I don't have to do that because as usual Minelab has improved greatly the performance on this PI simple as that and they sell themselves because they do as promised by Minelab.

Talking smack about something you have never even held in your hand carries very little weight, with all due respect.

Cheers, Bill  

• Like 5
  • well done 2

18 hours ago, fishing8046 said:

Thank you Nugget108 

Nugget108

Thats perfectly fine you think that way, but come on man, everything has the latest and greatest come out every year so why bash Minelab?? You dont call the Ford or Dodge dealer and say you dont agree with them promoting their newest model out for that year do you? Its the same exact thing. Nobody influences me to buy anything!! Does the reviews and talk about that specific product help me decide? Dang right, but i am my own person and i have my own brain. Just like everyone else on this forum and in this world should have. People dont think for me, i think for myself. 

• Like 3

The Minelab machines have always been the hot item. They are always a cut above anything else out there for hunting gold. 

You don't have to use a Minelab to find gold. And you don't have to shoot a handmade Finnish rifle to hunt deer either. 

Some guys swing the latest Minelab and can't find a piece of gold to save their scalp. Some guys shoot high dollar rifles and can't shoot them too.

If you want the good stuff you are going to pay more. And if you want the latest and greatest you are going to pay for that too. That is just the way it works.

A skilled operator can really use quality equipment to its fullest extent. In the proper hands there IS a difference. Especially in areas that have been hard hit. 

I shoot the best rifle I can afford because I can tell the difference. An old 30-30 with a bent barrel might be all some guys really need. I think that is probably true with metal detectors too.

I have no experience with technology better than an old SD2100 so I can't tell you how good the 6000 is. But if an experienced operator says it's the cream in his coffee im going to believe it. And if I was hell bent on finding as many nuggets as I could I would figure out a way to get me one.

• Like 5
  • well done 1