Nugget Shooter Forums

Buyers wanted

Seeking buyers of platinum group metals.  I have a find of raw platinum ore and am seeking buyers. 

Contact me for amounts and condition you would like.  

I offer best deals available 

Some pics...  Coins are in gold, palladium, and rhodium, and two mixes of each. 

Nugget,... It's a platinum group metal rhodium nugget 

The glass jars are icp test I preform for accuracy but also make great gift ideas. 

I'll be talking to you soon 

IMG_20210722_145140_1.jpg

IMG_20210721_172626_1.jpg

IMG_20210623_160221_1.jpg

The coins  are electroplated? Or do you have  a mint in your workshop:89: icp test?

Rhodium Rh?Nugget weight  volume,mass secific gravity data available?

Edited by Guest

The coins were rendered,  electroplating with heat.  No I don't have a mint set up .... Yet. 

Icp test is to accurately identify precious metals. Notice the luster and color of the metals processed through the glass. 

The platinum group rhodium nugget showed weighs in at 45.3 grams.  .

This find was in Washington State.  Near Wenatchee county.  

• Like 1

Hope you sell some so you can get a manicure! :25r30wi:

Tom H. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, TomH said:

Tom H. 

Yeah,  lol I don't think a manicure would help that...  But hey after a sale it wouldn't hurt to try 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Indego Suelo said:

The coins were rendered,  electroplating with heat.  No I don't have a mint set up .... Yet. 

Icp test is to accurately identify precious metals. Notice the luster and color of the metals processed through the glass. 

The platinum group rhodium nugget showed weighs in at 45.3 grams.  .

This find was in Washington State.  Near Wenatchee county.  

It's me

That is an amazing find and seems to be a huge nugget for native platinum group metals.

The only platinum produced in my state of Arizona is a byproduct of copper.

I would think a nugget of that size would be worth several times the metal content, much more so than a gold nugget.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, chrisski said:

That is an amazing find and seems to be a huge nugget for native platinum group metals.

I would think a nugget of that size would be worth several times the metal content, much more so than a gold nugget.

Tell me more...  Sweet talk like that could get you places... Lol

Seriously though, yes it is said to be true raw nuggets tend to hold higher value because they are one of a kind and not the junk sold in stores.  

OK,  we are talking nugget sizes,  hmm....  Let's see em....  But no getting mad if the next guys is more.... Robust. 

And don't worry I'll share too with the largest I have ever found( it's for sale too )

14 minutes ago, Indigo Suelo said:

Tell me more...  Sweet talk like that could get you places... Lol

Seriously though, yes it is said to be true raw nuggets tend to hold higher value because they are one of a kind and not the junk sold in stores.  

I agree. Store bought nuggets are inferior. If a person wants to purchase a nugget they should avoid the nuggets sold in the stores.

Although I must admit that Wal Mart has some dazzling nuggets for reasonable prices. I might be tempted to buy one if I didn't already have a few.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, chrisski said:

Believe it or not there is Platinum in San Doming Wash, https://www.mindat.org/locentry-250209.html 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nugget Shooter said:

Believe it or not there is Platinum in San Doming Wash, https://www.mindat.org/locentry-250209.html 

I think Chris is looking at production and not occurrences. 

New Mexico is the same story. The only production has been from concentrated slime from the copper mines. But there are several minor occurrences that have never seen any production.

Not sure I believe there is platinum in Arizona, at mineable levels.  There is a article from around 2015 where someone found a platinum nugget metal detecting somewhere in the Wickenburg Area.  I doubt the authenticity of his claim.

THe Arizona Bureau of Mines had issued a warning saying that platinum is not found in Arizona except in processes like copper mining, and even issues a warning that any mention of platinum with investors being able to make money is likely a scam.

Although I can’t find the exact link for the warning I mentioned above, below is a list of precious metal scams including platinum in AZ.

http://www.savethesantacruzaquifer.info/az-mining-scams.pdf

Its not that there’s no platinum in AZ, its just in quantities so small, that no one will ever recover platinum as a primary source, only form process like the final stage of copper processing where trace amounts of gold are removed and even tracer amounts of platinum.

Other states have recovered platinum, not here.

On 7/22/2021 at 6:13 PM, TomH said:

Tom H. 

Lets see your manicure   , Tom. :inocent:

Below is a reverse watermelon, I rustled from the Oceanview Mine in Pala, CA.

20210724_104106.jpg

Cool,  there is much to be found in that region.  

And IDK if any of you know the leaching process, but it would work in separating the elements. 

The nug shown is from WA.  Processed from platinum ore . I have others from co.

I can form some nice nugs , and you can mint or monetize how you like. 

Let me know quantity and condition you would like it in. 

8 hours ago, Nugget Shooter said:

I see, No I am sure what is here is not mineable, but indeed present. Now Russia on the other hand has some whopper nuggets of it.

Yes. I have seen a couple platinum nuggets from the Urals. About the size of a big bean. 

I learned from a chemist/refiner fellow here that most platinum ore contains iron. It is almost always magnetic in its native form. 

He showed me a Petri dish with a layer of crushed concentrates. If you moved a magnet under the dish the little platinum particles would do the "wave".

Those nuggets from Russia were magnetic too. Not a whole lot but they would support their weight. Which wasn't really much. But they were definitely magnetic.

There is actually a lot of platinum in a couple places here. One guy tried for 30 years to develop a mine in the Caballos. And a fellow near Silver City was concentrating material he purchased from Kennecott (I know. That long ago.) and recovering platinum.

I think there is probably some old mine tailings that have a little. My refiner friend had grant money to develop a process at NMSU. He claimed he could extract platinum at a profit from the old tailings at Organ.

He paid himself well for 30 years in his little lab at the college. And he retired comfortably. .No doubt he had a process that could recover platinum from the tailings. But I don't think he processed more than a couple tons of ore during those years. And the only platinum he ever recovered was tiny amounts.

It's out there. And so are the other rare earth elements. I think the prospects of finding new deposits are good. Im just not sure there is any incentive for the individual to go look for them. 

1 hour ago, Indigo Suelo said:

The nug shown is from WA.  Processed from platinum ore

A very rough ingot, in other words. 

Not a nugget.

1 hour ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

A very rough ingot, in other words. 

Not a nugget.

Ignot,  true since I processed it.  It would be a nugget (natural nugget)  if I had not worked it. 

30 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Indigo, does your "raw platinum ore"  look like this?core-each-catalytic-converter-internal-c

If I cut a piece of it I that shape it would.  But the structure of the piece is very similar to the find I have being that is pocketed the same.

That is a nice piece where did you find it. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Yes. I have seen a couple platinum nuggets from the Urals. About the size of a big bean. 

I learned from a chemist/refiner fellow here that most platinum ore contains iron. It is almost always magnetic in its native form. 

He showed me a Petri dish with a layer of crushed concentrates. If you moved a magnet under the dish the little platinum particles would do the "wave".

Those nuggets from Russia were magnetic too. Not a whole lot but they would support their weight. Which wasn't really much. But they were definitely magnetic.

There is actually a lot of platinum in a couple places here. One guy tried for 30 years to develop a mine in the Caballos. And a fellow near Silver City was concentrating material he purchased from Kennecott (I know. That long ago.) and recovering platinum.

I think there is probably some old mine tailings that have a little. My refiner friend had grant money to develop a process at NMSU. He claimed he could extract platinum at a profit from the old tailings at Organ.

He paid himself well for 30 years in his little lab at the college. And he retired comfortably. .No doubt he had a process that could recover platinum from the tailings. But I don't think he processed more than a couple tons of ore during those years. And the only platinum he ever recovered was tiny amounts.

It's out there. And so are the other rare earth elements. I think the prospects of finding new deposits are good. Im just not sure there is any incentive for the individual to go look for them. 

Iron in the platinum...  Tends to happen  from time to time  similar to gold riding an iron horse he brings with him the platinum sisters.  Riding that same horse. 

So I recommend refining the precious ore in a acidic compound to destroy the ferrous metals that would be Magnetic and leave behind the non ferrous or precious metals that are acid resistant. and non magnetic. 

I might have said this already on a different  forum. 

But the rendering of platinas ( platinum group metals)  was written by  William Hyde Walston  ( he discovered the palladium  and rhodium) in 1863 since then there have been several methods discovered to result in the separation of the platinum group metals. I use assorted methods pending on condition of the find.  

Also there are more than six different platinum type metals. 

Palladium iridium rhodium ruthenium osmium and platinum. (. Also a few sub platinum group each has a value) Looking for the denser of the bunch can pose to be a process in of itself. .. Being that it is so dense it would settle in deposits deeper than gold.  However palladium and rhodium are lighter than gold and can be found with gold.  Or closer to surface.  

Now I'm sure people have done things one way not knowing another as that happens often,  heck I'm sure there other methods of the process.

...getting long winded.  ... In short keep going if you think you have something. You may surprise yourself. 

Edited by Indigo Suelo

Heck,  if anyone would like to I own a very "fertile " piece of land.  Here in Colorado.  I've found dozens of tiny pg nugs I rinse refine and well do the dang thing.... Point is if your up for a camping trip let me know.