Nugget Shooter Forums

GPX 6000 My Thoughts

4 minutes ago, BMc said:

incredible memories and adventures in deserts and mountains that are more worth to me than the gold I find"

If I add it all up over the years I have probably paid off all my detectors and then some, If this is what you are concerned about. The 6000 will pay for itself eventually I have no doubt. But of course, I know where to look.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, fishing8046 said:

Looks like maybe a $100 bucks there. It will take some time to validate that investment.

How long does it take to pay for the bass fishing equipment?  haha

Just think of the 6000 as a top of the line rod, reel and kayak in your favorite little lake!

No catch and release in gold detecting.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, fishing8046 said:

The 6000 is just another gold detector. "Greatest thing since sliced bread" Not

Looks like maybe a $100 bucks there. It will take some time to validate that investment.

10 percent of the prospectors find 90% of the gold. It is not the detector that finds gold but the prospector. Gold is not a replenished resource.

Let's see some of the trash you digging

Best of luck

Bet you own a fishing boat eh? Have you got your investment back in fish? Bet you are enjoying it though eh? It isn't about the investment as said it is about enjoying what we like to do.... Cheers and good hunting! But I'll bet ya mine pays for itself by this time next year.... :oregonian_winesmiley:

• Like 4
  • well done 1

In all seriousness, i find a butt load of trash when i run my Equinox also! When we are chasing coins and relics, there are so many GREAT SIGNALS that sound good, look good and just plain feel good and you end up digging trash. Unfortunately that is what a metal detector does! It finds metal. I just dont see you not finding ANY trash! The way you are coming at us with every post about trash, you are making it sound like every single target you find is gold!! Maybe explain to us your method of not finding trash??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nugget108 said:

In all seriousness, i find a butt load of trash when i run my Equinox also! When we are chasing coins and relics, there are so many GREAT SIGNALS that sound good, look good and just plain feel good and you end up digging trash. Unfortunately that is what a metal detector does! It finds metal. I just dont see you not finding ANY trash! The way you are coming at us with every post about trash, you are making it sound like every single target you find is gold!! Maybe explain to us your method of not finding trash??

He's coming at us with trash bro.

If you are digging gold in a trashy area you just have to learn to go slow and dig it all.  If you are digging gold in a clean area you will get more gold than trash. But that has nothing to do with the detector.

Maybe some detectors can help you differentiate targets without losing gold. They do that through sound and not so much discrimination. Many detectors have a very articulate signal. You can almost tell the shape of the target from the sound. But you are going to have to dig a few bucketfulls of trash to learn how to do that. 

You are still going to dig those "ragged" signals that you know is not gold. If you are in a hot patch you will gladly dig every fleck of rust and every follicle of wire. In some patches that is just a fact of life.

• Like 3

There is a lot to be learned from the replies on this topic. Having the latest and greatest Minelab in your hand is a huge advantage. Sure, you'll dig more trash but you will also dig more gold. Little things like digging shallow holes when it's really hot out will go  long way in the number of targets you recover in a day. Stay out of those washes where there's 6 feet or more of overburden (and a 300 years of trash) above the gold that's most likely down on the bedrock. 
Having said that, dig everything but be smart where you put that coil. When it cools off you may want venture into a good but trashy area and grid it. Clean up the good and the bad. There are lots of valuable coins as well as nuggets out there. 
Last but not least, there is always a really good market for used Minelabs. One needs to consider that when making an investment in a new machine. 

• Like 1

Holy cow what a load of crap. Keep drinking the Koolaid boys buy one of these and join the club of those who finds the only gold left in the placers...

14 hours ago, Gold Catcher said:

Howdy too, Bill. I hope you will have a great time in CA and good luck hunting. Just watch the fire(s)

Trip is canceled due to fires and fire damage in areas we planned to visit

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting thread here...By the way, I ALWAYS use discrimination...my discriminator is between my ears and is quite reliable...works with all my detectors...and my calendar...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1