Nugget Shooter Forums

I thought it would be a good idea to have walkie talkies out with my detecting friend and myself just in case. Can anyone tell me if the radio turned on but not transmitting with throw a PI machine into a tizzy? I expect it will if I key the mic, just not sure about sitting idle. 

Thanks,

Dean  

I can't say I have ever carried a walkie talkie while I detected. So I don't really know.

A cell phone will give you a little jingle every few minutes when it updates George Soros on your whereabouts. You don't have to be on the phone (It took me a month to figure that one out). 

You wouldn't think just having a walkie talkie on would bother a PI or a VLF machine. But I bet if you tried it you could tell us. 

I've never been bothered by my walkie-talkies. My buddy and I have used them for a long time. The only problem I've had has been forgetting I'm carrying it, and it beeps occasionally, and I think my detector is making a strange noise That happened 3 times on my last prospecting trip. It finally dawned on me what the heck was going on. Kicked my own backside a few times over that one...LOL One thing that amazes me with these Motorola's is the range....just incredible for something that fits in a shirt pocket.

Jim

Thanks Idaho Jim. I bought the Motorola T600. Being delivered today, going to take them out this weekend. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks,

Dean

• Like 1