Nugget Shooter Forums

The Future Is Here

You know something? I have been prospecting and detecting 30 years now and things have sure changed equipment wise as well as Gold Prices (failing dollar) and now it amazes me how many people are into this now professional and hobby. Even the detectors now available are able to find the small stuff at incredible depth as well as the large gold. I am guessing more advances in the near future and all I have to do is live that long :arrowheadsmiley: Good hunting everyone what have you seen change in mining that amazes you the most?

• Like 1

Gold prices (about $250/oz when I started in the 1970's) & detector design, especially Minelab, but also the exit of White's....White's had great detectors for the time, but technology just outran them.....

• Like 1

What about all the scifi sensor tech they employ from the air?   I know gravity data recordings  are nothing new...  AND that can indicate Fe and other  denser:ya:stuff .

Is there   a GPZ XXXXXX gyrocopter?

I agree but digging tiny trash may not always be productive. So be sure you clean the spot before you bring in the 6000 

Almost 20 years since my first intro to gold detecting ... had been detecting back east back in 1988. From finding my detector from back east ... White's DFX ... not working well at all in gold country to my first true gold detector the Minelab GP3000, then the GPX 4500 and 5000, Minelab, GPZ7000 and a few others in between. A Gold Bug Pro, a Minelab SDC 2300, Minelab Equinox 800 and finally my current favorite for gold the Minelab GM1000. A HUGE change from the 3000 to the 7000 in depth and sensitivity to small gold to say nothing about those beautiful larger nuggets we all seek ... and then there is the rejection of mineralization ... AKA hot/cold rocks. WOW ... All of that in a mere 20 years! And now Minelab comes out with the GPX6000 that from what little I have seen from videos is better than all of those others in its own way. Much of my collection is gone now for one reason or another but I may just have to add one last detector to my herd. That 6000 is pulling at my need strings! LOL! Have a great day guys and gals and be safe out in the desert this summer!

• Like 1