Nugget Shooter Forums

Does This Forum Want Politics?

New Forum Section For Politics  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support a Political section to this forum? It will not be Moderated as per rest of forum rules unless it gets really out of hand.

OK you asked and here is a vote, we will not be moderating this section as much as others and you may need to actually sign in to this section separate from the forum if I can figure out how to do it.

I’m all for a political section as I like to know who the enemies of America are so I can avoid interacting or doing business with them.....(hint)....I no longer watch baseball, football, basketball...nor will I shop Amazon.... I also deleted my Facebook account....

• Like 2

I deactivated my Twitter account  several months ago. Might be good to have the political board to help members sort things out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, middleforkminer2 said:

I’m all for a political section as I like to know who the enemies of America are so I can avoid interacting or doing business with them.....(hint)....I no longer watch baseball, football, basketball...nor will I shop Amazon.... I also deleted my Facebook account....

Ditto no more cancel culture-But keep it at that sub forum only :thumbsupanim :200:

2 hours ago, Mike C... said:

Ditto no more cancel culture-But keep it at that sub forum only :thumbsupanim :200:

CRT.......really???? How on earth could even a brain damaged retard, believe that crap...wake up people....it ain’t funny anymore....

I am not a paying member, so my vote should not count as much, but I would rather come here to find out about metal detecting, mining, and meteorites.  If I want to get political, I'll listen to talk radio, or post my views on facebook.

These mining forums need to get energized somehow to keep people coming back or the forums will die, like other mining forums have, but politics is not the way to do that.  I stopped being a paid member of the AMRA in part because too many of their posts had nothing to do with mining.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, middleforkminer2 said:

CRT.......really???? How on earth could even a brain damaged retard, believe that crap...wake up people....it ain’t funny anymore....

2 different things-what rock have you been under-And yes they are real-Save it for the forum-Bill maybe you shouldnt it will be nothing but problems I say no :grr01: :200:

Edited by Mike C...
  • Like 3

I agree!! This is a prospecting and detecting forum for kids, families, rookies and seasoned prospectors! Even though your posting in the 'Political' section of the forum, you know dang well the beef will carry over to the other topics and threads. It already happens and we dont even have it yet. Just my 2 cents!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, middleforkminer2 said:

Chrisski....ignoring the problem is only gonna delay the day when digging for gold, minerals etc. is banned .....yesterday was oil/gas...what will it be tomorrow???  They are never satisfied....

So how does griping about it here fix it?? It doesn't. It just causes problems amongst the members of the forum that enjoy coming here and talking about gold, coins, relics and other cool outdoor stuff! The issues of political differences will not stay in the political forum. You know that as well as i do.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chrisski said:

I am not a paying member, so my vote should not count as much, but I would rather come here to find out about metal detecting, mining, and meteorites.  If I want to get political, I'll listen to talk radio, or post my views on facebook.

These mining forums need to get energized somehow to keep people coming back or the forums will die, like other mining forums have, but politics is not the way to do that.  I stopped being a paid member of the AMRA in part because too many of their posts had nothing to do with mining.

Forums are dying due to all the other forms of social media now available to folks wanting to learn and interact and I too use these avenues to help others learn as well as sell products. That said I agree that forums are still a great place to learn and make friends as well as business purposes. I think some are fading for the same reason Mike C. mentioned in another thread, the Captain left the ship as a regular contributor and all hands went for the lifeboats seeking their info fix elsewhere.

This one ain't gonna die... Well... Not before me anyway :aw-shucks:

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Bill!! I visit this forum every single day whether im in metal detecting mode or in hunting season for critters mode. '"TOO MANY HOBBIES". I love this forum! I have learned a lot from you and the other great folks on here and i would really hate to see it go away. I have been here since i believe 2009, and I, like most of us have seen a lot of people come and go. But there is a huge chunk of us that still remain that have been here forever. That says something! I would share a campfire with all of you if i could. Lets get back to the way it was, like bickering about whos nugget is bigger!! Not the other stuff going on that is just going to tear us apart and turn us against each other. Keep it going Bill, this is the only "Social Media" i have ever and will ever be a part of.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

My original thoughts were in favor of allowing a discussion of politics to be confined to a separate section. I thought maybe the contestants could fight among themselves and not intrude on the topics and interests of other members. The consensus seems to be that it wouldn't work, and that the animosities and disagreements would spill over into other topics, like it is doing now. So for the record, put me down as a no, although at this point I'm not sure it would make much difference one way or another.

• Like 4

Like the Australia gold prospecting forum did with Covid discussions, make a board for it so, threads don't pop up in with gold topics. Simple to control if you confine it.

32 minutes ago, Red_desert said:

Like the Australia gold prospecting forum did with Covid discussions, make a board for it so, threads don't pop up in with gold topics. Simple to control if you confine it.

That is exactly what is being suggested and why we are being asked to vote in the poll.

At least that is what I thought the topic was.

The forum would simply be closed by password to the general membership and those wanting into the ring would be bound by an agreement to get the password. If subject matter or bitterness or stupidity Oozes out into the general forums the person, well you know…….We will not moderate this forum and if you play it will always be on record in the archives…. I likely will not participate or read much simply because my beliefs are mine and I wish not to convince anyone about anything political. Cheers 

• Like 3

Sorry I’m late to the game. I’d vote no on the political forum... Way too much bs!! That’s what the 1000 social media sites are for. Let’s just stick to what works here, all things prospecting! Well, in my case, being jealous watching videos and seeing pictures of what some of y’all are gettin.... 🤪

• Like 1

I’m recently new but have been reading long enough to develop respect and positive feelings about the people here whenever I visit the forum. Allowing political discussions on the forum, particularly unmoderated ones, may cause strife among the members and it would be unfortunate to have it break up a good thing. 

• Like 3