Nugget Shooter Forums

Dang It is HOT

Man we are really cooking here in Morristown and NO RAIN for so long it is crazy. I hope everyone here is well and I will try to get here more often, but seems I am way more busy now than I was before I retired. Between the store, YouTube and trying to get out detecting I am a bit short of spare time.

Have some cool plans for August visiting with Chris Ralph and traveling a bit while having a blast with the new GPX 6000 so stay tuned...

• Like 6
  • Hmmmmmm 1

Good to see you back Bill. Yup, its hot....as usual this time of the year. I do feel for you as you just have a swamp cooler.  And, as Frank said, we seem to tolerate it a lot less as we mature.

I used to work out on the flight line launching jets at Luke in this stuff. Did not bother me half as bad as it does now :)

Heck, I could fall asleep under the wing waiting for a pilot with jets taking off and 115 deg on the tarmac........now a stupid cricket will keep me awake! 

Tom H. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

My fantasy  is a new Itchibushi or Fugiitch Mini-Split HVAC heatpump,:4chsmu1: with a zone in  the garage.And my C10 Electrician installing it all has golden..... wires,     yes.

Golden wires :112:.  ...made of copper,  due to regulations  regarding upgrading the  main circuit  breaker and it's  overall ampacity.

Edited by Guest

Ya know, I worked outside all my life.  First on a ship in the Navy as a navigator/signalman on the flying bridge a lot.  The rest of my work time was on the poles as a lineman and cable repairman.  The heat bothered me a lot when I came out West from  Jersey.  I got to live with it as there was no real shade on the poles, you just did your best and bare with the discomfort.  I retired in 1985 and have been able to stand the heat much better as I lost 50 lbs. due to Radiation and Chemo.  I was out today for three hours in around 112 degrees mowing the lawn.  Worked up a real sweat and feel really good.  :olddude:

Old Tom   

• Like 8
  • well done 1

On 7/8/2021 at 6:05 AM, Nugget Shooter said:

Man we are really cooking here in Morristown and NO RAIN for so long it is crazy. I hope everyone here is well and I will try to get here more often, but seems I am way more busy now than I was before I retired. Between the store, YouTube and trying to get out detecting I am a bit short of spare time.

Have some cool plans for August visiting with Chris Ralph and traveling a bit while having a blast with the new GPX 6000 so stay tuned...

I’ll be up in Downieville Aug 2-7 and I know Chris is not a stranger to that area.  If for some reason you two will be there let me know please. 
Brownie 

My skin is wrinkled from the many years in the sun. 1971 to 2021. Arizona outdoors is amazingly beautiful in every way but always takes planning. I personally don't wait for the weather to cool down to detect, and feel like I earn not only the nice winter days, but the cool breeze in the summer that utilizes the sweat from enduring the desert heat. In my mind it is always cooler outside in the digs then in the city. The technology of the world has come a long ways since I made my living as a carpenter in Arizona. The wetted neck wraps, hydration fluids, knowledge of the right foods to eat in the outdoors have really made a difference between now and then. Then I had youth now I have knowledge.

My dad always told me if you feel thirsty it is to late. You need to hydrate your body before you need it. 

On 7/13/2021 at 6:27 PM, fishing8046 said:

My skin is wrinkled from the many years in the sun. 1971 to 2021. Arizona outdoors is amazingly beautiful in every way but always takes planning. I personally don't wait for the weather to cool down to detect, and feel like I earn not only the nice winter days, but the cool breeze in the summer that utilizes the sweat from enduring the desert heat. In my mind it is always cooler outside in the digs then in the city. The technology of the world has come a long ways since I made my living as a carpenter in Arizona. The wetted neck wraps, hydration fluids, knowledge of the right foods to eat in the outdoors have really made a difference between now and then. Then I had youth now I have knowledge.

My dad always told me if you feel thirsty it is to late. You need to hydrate your body before you need it. 

And my dad told me, "If you should be sweating and your not, you are already in trouble".