Nugget Shooter Forums

Precious metals... Where are they?

So noone has posted any GPS coordinates yet of where to find some booty? 

I know where  some   Pd ore is,,,XRF says 2oz/ton= $5600.  Nice  vein , about 6" across, crosses the graded dirt road and two  properties. Black, hard  ore also 10%Fe ...   its a bonanza :ya:  in the schist.

Located 15 miles  NNE ish of Rich Hill, Az.

:)I am scheduling tours for  certified  investors at this time.

20 minutes ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Thanks Stillbilly. 

You get a gold star to wear on the oddly prominent escarpment you call a forehead.

:)

:stupidrb: used to have slickensides  to match my anterior scarp(before I stopped the Vitalis. )

I could give you a Pd star but there's no  investors lined up to capitalize a crusher circuit, let alone everything else needed. And the road easment might be difficult(tunneling under it could discover it opens at depth.) And you'd  have to buy up at least one parcel of 36 acres.

BLM it isnt.

Then there's having to retrofit a headframe in a newly built residential dwelling.  That could be difficult , under roof. 

Getting rid of the tailings...,well, you remember the movie, "THE Great Escape"?

On 7/6/2021 at 6:32 PM, fishing8046 said:

Here is a question for Bedrock Bob. The Fish in you Avatar was legally taken by your own account (Speared) why do you persist in pimping it?

Because it's a big fish,  I mean it's none of my business but a catch is a catch. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

So noone has posted any GPS coordinates yet of where to find some booty? 

I know where  some   Pd ore is,,,XRF says 2oz/ton= $5600.  Nice  vein , about 6" across, crosses the graded dirt road and two  properties. Black, hard  ore also 10%Fe ...   its a bonanza :ya:  in the schist.

Located 15 miles  NNE ish of Rich Hill, Az.

:)I am scheduling tours for  certified  investors at this time.

That sounds juicy....  2oz/ton is roughly 2oz per cubic yard.  And northern AZ.  .... Well I'm in sw CO.  And I hit platinum group out here on three locations.  One I own the other two my buddies own.  

Long story short....  I'd have to say that AZ find sounds good,  hey maybe you find a nice geode of sapphire or amethyst.  I hear AZ has some deep pockets. 

Seismic activities are good indicators of precious metals.  That and several other sure tell signs...  Like copper and iron being identified in the region... Well we all know gold (precious metals) ride a iron horse.  

I find in regions like CA  and NV where there is a constant amount of seismic activity there is also historically and currently a substantial amount of precious metals. From  river dredging in Northern California to dry panning in the Mojave in NV, you have a good chance of finding something precious and have a great time doing it. 

1 hour ago, Indigo Suelo said:

Because it's a big fish,  I mean it's none of my business but a catch is a catch. 

Indeed.

You will notice I changed my profile photo. It is of me holding a stringer of 40 nice big white bass.

The limit here is 40 fish per day. No doubt someone will accuse me of having 41 on that rope. Some will say I used dynamite to get them. Others will try to say I did not have a valid fishing license. 

Still it is an awesome photo of a really nice bunch of fish. And the spot that I caught them is within a mile of good placer gold and fairly rich mica containing tantalum and columbium as well as a host of other precious metals. There is also a canyon where they have recovered platinum in small amounts by refining black sand concentrates. 

That has been a favorite spot of mine for the past 40 years. Maybe one day soon I'll post a photo of some precious metals I have mined from there. But for now these guys get worked up enough over the fish I'm catching. Im not sure they could handle a photo of the lumps of gold I have found.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@Indigo Suelo Seismic activity is a good indication of gas and mud, lots of it. We’ve been having earthquake swarms on the SE side of the Salton Sea, and fairly recently, a bubbling mud pot located there that was spewing muddy water and lots of CO2 actually started to move several hundred feet across the ground and went under a major railroad track and highway- both had to be rerouted around it. It has gained world wide news attention as it is known as the world’s only known moving mud geyser https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6343583/amp/The-bubbling-stinking-mud-pool-cause-chaos-San-Andreas-fault.html

@Bedrock BobI like the new avatar Bob! A friend and I used to hunt for reptiles in the same area as the mudpot when we were in high school, and we also used to fish in the nearby canal with his revolver. I guess that wasn’t legal either…  :arrowheadsmiley:

Edited by GotAU?
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Once upon a time we used to go out and find gold and tell stories about those adventures on this forum.  Now we sit around the house all day telling stories way off topic.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Indeed.

You will notice I changed my profile photo. It is of me holding a stringer of 40 nice big white bass.

The limit here is 40 fish per day. No doubt someone will accuse me of having 41 on that rope. Some will say I used dynamite to get them. Others will try to say I did not have a valid fishing license. 

Still it is an awesome photo of a really nice bunch of fish. And the spot that I caught them is within a mile of good placer gold and fairly rich mica containing tantalum and columbium 

Tantalizing .   I'll  have to look up columbium's uses.

3 hours ago, Indigo Suelo said:

That sounds juicy....  2oz/ton is roughly 2oz per cubic yard.  

For trivia's sake , its juicy.  Nice black yard rock, it could be.

I would think  it more trouble than its worth to refine the Pd out of the 10%Fe and the rest of it.  (If it were legal to mine.)

It took a toll on my rock hammer to get  small sample into a size for further crushing in a mortar.  The goal being a baggy of powder for the xrf assay.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chrisski said:

Now we sit around the house all day telling stories way off topic.

So , are you just going to whine or  are you going to  tell  a gold story?

May  be its about golden fried trout(or largemouth),  with golden lemons, golden breadcrumbs, golden melted butter:pop::idunno: 

I saw gold in my soil, today, but in reality it was  nothing more than vermiculite fines from   potting soil transplants.

:4chsmu1:Isn't  you complaining  off topic?..

Now what about aerial surveillance  with survey equipment to detect  metallic ore of industrial value? 

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Indeed.

Me so hungr... lotta Vitamin D in fish ...course, a little sunburn and you're  golden,  too.

1 hour ago, fishing8046 said:

Bob

https://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/fishing/game-fish/regulations-specific-waters/

Please show where in the New Mexico game and Fish Regulations it references Spear or Bow fishing acknowledging that it is legal.  

image.png

Really...........WHO CARES ANYMORE???? DROP IT WOULD YOU! He changed his 'POACHED' large mouth bass picture. Jeez, talk about beating a dead horse.

• Like 2
  • well done 1

4 hours ago, Indigo Suelo said:

to dry panning in the Mojave

Desert , 10 miles due  west of Lancaster,  CA  and a mile south of the main drag. is 2.5 acres of beachfront property. To the south a few miles, the San Gabriel mts rise up.. been meaning to travel there and clear away any accumulated  flotsam and jetsam. Might as well run a detector around for a minute to figure out how much lead is scattered about.

Shooting ranges are a source of Pb:Just_Cuz_15: no big secret, but are there any companies that have "service" contracts with outdoor ranges? To comb the lead out? Or drywash it?Indoor ranges have bullet traps, of course, so they are already setup to recycle.

19 minutes ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Desert , 10 miles due  west of Lancaster,  CA  and a mile south of the main drag. is 2.5 acres of beachfront property. To the south a few miles, the San Gabriel mts rise up.. been meaning to travel there and clear away any accumulated  flotsam and jetsam. Might as well run a detector around for a minute to figure out how much lead is scattered about.

Shooting ranges are a source of Pb:Just_Cuz_15: no big secret, but are there any companies that have "service" contracts with outdoor ranges? To comb the lead out? Or drywash it?Indoor ranges have bullet traps, of course, so they are already setup to recycle.

A couple trap clubs here in Nv have a "Groomer" that they drag and it processes the lead shot out of the dirt. Pretty cool. Looks like a big drag behind lawnmower or swather for cutting hay. Minus the rake of course. 

4 hours ago, fishing8046 said:

Bob

https://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/fishing/game-fish/regulations-specific-waters/

Please show where in the New Mexico game and Fish Regulations it references Spear or Bow fishing acknowledging that it is legal.  

image.png

Here you go Sport. You could have simply read the rules for yourself. Now leave me alone about it or we are going to have trouble.

If you need any help understanding the fishing rules in the future ask someone else. And it would probably be good if you actually knew what the rules were before you started making accusations.

Here is the URL to the document - 

https://www.wildlife.state.nm.us/fishing/fishing-regulations/

And here are the regulations cut and pasted from the document-

Bow Fishing and Spearfishing

Bow fishing and spearfishing are legal means of take for game fish species and unprotected species in lakes and reservoirs open to angling. Bag and size limits for bow fishing and spearfishing are the same as angling. Bow fishing and spearfishing for game fish are not allowed in any river, stream, Special Trout Water or Trophy Bass Water (for largemouth bass). Arrows for bow fishing must be attached by a line, string or rope to enable retrieval of fish. Crossbows can be used for bow fishing. Legal means of take for spearfishing include spears, arrows with barbs and gigs. Spears can be discharged above or below the water surface. Local ordinances and/or prohibitions may apply at specific locations or waters, and the local managing agency should be contacted prior to bow fishing or spearfishing. Snorkelers and SCUBA divers should consult New Mexico State Park regulations prior to spearfishing.

Reference (2021-22 NM Fishing Rules & Info pg. 6

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

I used a drywasher to clean up lead at a government range at the NASA facility I worked at.

They were building a new range with a bullet trap and there was an amount in the contract allocated for remediation of the old range. That consisted of about 50 cubic yards of dirt in a berm. 

They were having fits trying to figure out how to recover the lead and I suggested a drywasher. I brought my little puffer out and showed them how it worked. They were amazed and had our department build a big drywasher and run the pile. We recovered a bunch of lead and the tests showed that the dirt was within the specified limits.

They dont usually remediate lead from shooting ranges. The pieces are large enough it is not a huge environmental problem in most cases. It is lead dust and lead in solution that is the big concern.

We offered to use our drywasher to remediate 2 other ranges in Texas. But they decided to just bury the contaminated soil and cap it with clay. I'm not sure it was much cheaper than running it through a concentrator but that was the decision they made.

They do have lots of depleted uranium scattered around on the WSMR range and they hire a remediation contractor to remove the chunks. Before it is all over I bet they run some areas through a filtered dry concentrator to get that stuff.

5 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

through a filtered dry concentrator to get that stuff.

Like a "bag house"?  Vacuuming  the ambient air  enclosing  the U dry washer? What a nightmare. 

8 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

So , are you just going to whine or  are you going to  tell  a gold story?

I’m more likely to just stop coming to this site.  THere’s quite a few users not coming by anymore, could have something to do with the off topic banter.

I left the AMRA when a lot of what they were putting out on their Facebook page was way off the topic of mining.

I can’t be the only person on this site feeling this way.

I will let you have the last word.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

They were building a new range with a bullet trap and there was an amount in the contract allocated for remediation of the old range. That consisted of about 50 cubic yards of dirt in a berm. 

There’s some pretty old ranges out there.  I’d been to a range which had been opened up in the 1870s, and the guy in charge of the site said it would be a heck of a clean up one day with 125 years of ordnance had been fired into that hill.

A Drywasher probably works fine with bullets, but I do wonder what it’d do with a dud tracer round.  The artillery rounds that had been fired at the this range, a dry washer would probably be not so good.

I know there’d been talk of getting spent bullets out of other ranges I’d been to, and in that case a dry washer would type device would probably work.  I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s stuff like that on fedbizopps.gov or sba.gov for range clean up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stillweaver hillbelli said:

Tantalizing .   I'll  have to look up columbium's uses.

Columbium is a super high heat metal. The thrust cones of the hydrazine rocket engines are faced with columbium. 

It is also sold on the black market for $300 per ounce in various trailer parks and apartment complexes. It is evidently in "high" demand. Guys selling it will claim it is pure columbium but it is probably mexicum or guatemalicum.

1 hour ago, chrisski said:

There’s some pretty old ranges out there.  I’d been to a range which had been opened up in the 1870s, and the guy in charge of the site said it would be a heck of a clean up one day with 125 years of ordnance had been fired into that hill.

A Drywasher probably works fine with bullets, but I do wonder what it’d do with a dud tracer round.  The artillery rounds that had been fired at the this range, a dry washer would probably be not so good.

I know there’d been talk of getting spent bullets out of other ranges I’d been to, and in that case a dry washer would type device would probably work.  I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s stuff like that on fedbizopps.gov or sba.gov for range clean up.

We screened to 1/2". So anything larger than 1/2" hung on the screen. There was lots of lead and casings on the screen and those were dumped in buckets. Everything else got caught on the table.

Yes, this was a handgun range. Not an artillery range. NASA has lots of contract security guards. Not too many howitzers though.

5 hours ago, Bedrock Bob said:

Columbium is a super high heat metal. The thrust cones of the hydrazine rocket engines are faced with columbium...

The first  "quack quack harch":reading: hit for columbium tantalum yielded an internal  directive on storing Tantalite Columbite in 55 gallon containers (from the DLA).and  more trivia- Niobium is the new name for columbium.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=columbite+tantalite&t=samsung&iax=images&ia=images

https://wgnhs.wisc.edu/minerals/columbitetantalite/

"Columbite occurs in many of the important pegmatite districts worldwide. It has been found in many locations in Minas Gerais, Brazil, especially at Araçuaí; Governador Valadares; and São José da Safira. Other important worldwide locations include the Tsaramanga pegmatite, Betafo District, Antananarivo Province, Madagascar; and Iveland, Aust-Agder, Norway.

In the U.S., many of the old pegmatite quarries have produced some of the best forms of this mineral. Specific localities include Bethel, Fairfield Co.; Haddam and Portland, Middlesex Co.; South Glastonbury, Hartford Co.; and Woodbury, Litchfield Co. Other U.S. localities include the Ham and Weeks Mine, Wakefield, Carroll Co., New Hampshire; Bedford, Westchester Co., New York; the Rutherford Mine, Amelia, Amelia Co., Virginia; and Spruce Pine, Mitchell Co., North Carolina...." and , I suspect, somewhere in NM.